Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who gets to fish tomorrow?!!!

I had a question. Do the bigger whites generally stay by the North and South Arm or do they make it to the cap as well? Biggest I've ever had at the cap was a high teen but my biggest (27 lb) was right at the bell. I was going to hit the cap for the easier action but don't want to limit my hopes for a "T"-word.

"T"-word ?

I had a question. Do the bigger whites generally stay by the North and South Arm or do they make it to the cap as well? Biggest I've ever had at the cap was a high teen but my biggest (27 lb) was right at the bell. I was going to hit the cap for the easier action but don't want to limit my hopes for a "T"-word.

My understanding is the big Harrsion whites travel up the south arm typically. I got one of those "t" words just north of the green can two years ago. If I recall correctly it was sept 23.

Went out with @awesomejoshsome today on the salt. Got a later start due to technical difficulties with the licensing system online and waited till 7am to hit a vendor. Got out on the salt around 830 am and started fishing a bit after that. Big difference from last two days. Minimal jumpers, seine netter gone and the big schools of fish... GONE!!! When I heard my buddies friend got 38, 000 sockeye seine netting the first day I realize how many fish vanished in two days. Anyways there were still lots of small schools around the 100 to 250 foot north of sandheads and south to the red bell. Picked up 4 fast around 70 to 90 feet. Lost too many. Then it slowed and was spotty action. In the afternoon found tons of jumpers but we weren't seeing many schools. Nobody was catching. So we raised the riggers and caught fish from 20 to 50 feet down and got the rest of our limit as well as losing even more than that. A little difficult out there in the lumpy water on the small boat. Had a great killer whale show right around us out there today! Blue flashers, pink hoochies, Mikes krill scent.IMG_20180914_184540_474.jpg

South arm all day for large model smileys in september. large herring cutplugged, in a teaser above dummies, in tight to the greencan. my largest fish locally every year come in this time frame doing that there.

South arm all day for large model smileys in september. large herring cutplugged, in a teaser above dummies, in tight to the greencan. my largest fish locally every year come in this time frame doing that there.
Was worried about the cold wet and wind tomorrow. Ideally yes I'd be hitting the SA. Coming out of False Creek. Also have a small window because of the baby. No more 12 hour days for me but I'll take what I can get.

My biggest springs have always been from sand heads area.

Didn’t make it to Sandheads today and I got Dick at the North Arm. Sweet Dick. Nothing. Absolutamente nada. You get the point. It was too rough in the morning to make it down there. I put in 7 hours. What a disappointment. It’s amazing the difference between the South Arm and the North.

Last edited:
@Raincity if you go to the cap, I have good success with large anchovies in glow teaser glow flasher right on the bottom. Make your tack as close to the marker as possible at the mouth. The bite for me is at the mouth. You'll get em. The cap whites are good smoking. No tyee for me yet
Viking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back