Status
Not open for further replies.
Fished SA this morning from 7 to 7:40am in 200 to 350' of water. Got my 4 fish, released 2 after getting my limit while pulling up my gear to go home , lost only 3 fish today. Lines were at 110' to 138' using green kone zones and green flashers with pink hootchies. Fish were jumping everywhere you look and had a couple hit the side of the boat.

Just a reminder-you cannot access Cornwall by turning north along Cypress St off 4th Ave-you must use Burrard St all the way and turn just before the bridge.

Cycling to work this AM @ 06:00 I saw some guy using the 'old way' to try and launch his boat at Vanier and it wasn't going to go good for him- they screwed up Cypress St once then changed everything and now it's screwed worse.

Cycling to work this AM @ 06:00 I saw some guy using the 'old way' to try and launch his boat at Vanier and it wasn't going to go good for him- they screwed up Cypress St once then changed everything and now it's screwed worse.
In Vancouver, soon we’ll need to use a bike to tow the boat.

Last edited:
Just a reminder-you cannot access Cornwall by turning north along Cypress St off 4th Ave-you must use Burrard St all the way and turn just before the bridge.

Sort of fishing related but further to that.....when driving north on Cypress from Cornwall with your boat in tow, take the first right on Greer Street. I see so many boats driving up to the next street that has a roundabout going to and from Vanier. There is a lovely recent widow who tends to the roundabout garden and it has been run over a number of times by boat trailers who don't realize going to and from on Greer gives you the most space and wider streets.

Back to sockeye.....was driving through Chinatown today and if you're not getting them the "Stewards of the Land" are selling them out of coolers on street corners as part of their "food fishery". :rolleyes::rolleyes: $10 for small, $15 for medium and $20 for large.

was driving through Chinatown today and if you're not getting them the "Stewards of the Land" are selling them out of coolers on street corners as part of their "food fishery". :rolleyes::rolleyes: $10 for small, $15 for medium and $20 for large.

Very “ceremonial” IMO. :rolleyes:

Today was one of those epic days on the water. Out at Sandheads with Pastor Dauncy today. The sockeye were jumping everywhere. They even were jumping and hitting the sides of my boat as we were trolling. The am bite was insane at 60 to 70 feet. Could t even get the gear down. They were taking it off the rigger before we were even at depth. Huge massive schools on the sonar. That was until these Seine fishermen behind us scooped about 8000 sockeye where we were fishing. There were still enough around for plenty of action and despite losing a pile we still got out 8 by 11:45 am. Not very many sport boats out today. Calm water. Tons of trollers and seine net boats out there. We were fishing at 250 to 400 feet of water. Blue and green flashers. Blue working a bit better than green. Pink hoochie with 22 to 24 inch leader. Mikes krill scent was used as well. We were definitely getting more action then the guys right around us. Got fish with cannon ball anywhere from 45 feet to 120 feet. I just adjust to the schools and bam. Lots of fish on the surface though. IMG_20180912_152306_322.jpg

Fished 8-3 basically around t10. Anywhere from 400 to 600 ft. Only had 1 hit but got it in the boat. Awesome day out there with calm seasjust happy to be out. Never saw a jumper where we were.

Today was one of those epic days on the water. Out at Sandheads with Pastor Dauncy today. The sockeye were jumping everywhere. They even were jumping and hitting the sides of my boat as we were trolling. The am bite was insane at 60 to 70 feet. Could t even get the gear down. They were taking it off the rigger before we were even at depth. Huge massive schools on the sonar. That was until these Seine fishermen behind us scooped about 8000 sockeye where we were fishing. There were still enough around for plenty of action and despite losing a pile we still got out 8 by 11:45 am. Not very many sport boats out today. Calm water. Tons of trollers and seine net boats out there. We were fishing at 250 to 400 feet of water. Blue and green flashers. Blue working a bit better than green. Pink hoochie with 22 to 24 inch leader. Mikes krill scent was used as well. We were definitely getting more action then the guys right around us. Got fish with cannon ball anywhere from 45 feet to 120 feet. I just adjust to the schools and bam. Lots of fish on the surface though. View attachment 40291
Well Canso I guess fishdoc has good luck fishing near seiners...

Well Canso I guess fishdoc has good luck fishing near seiners...
IMG_20180912_174510_657.jpg
We were on a monster school right off the bat and this seiner came in and netted our mega school. Once they netted the bulk there were scattered smaller schools in the area so we stuck around and it worked. Apparently the pastor recognized these two boats Canada Joye as some of the fleet of a guy he knows from up in Port Hardy. Guess they come from all over when they hear about this seine net opening. Does that mean more and more are going to come over the next few days? If these guys made it down from Hardy overnight for the opening they must be coming from all over.

That surprises me, seiners are extreamly efficient. There must be millions of sockeye still sitting out front.
Just bustin your balls.... I do believe there are still a few million out there in this last big push. Just gotta get em before the commys do. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back