Status
Not open for further replies.
Been out at Sandheads since 8am, only 1 in the boat. They are jumping everywhere but just not interested. Seen lots of red ones jumping.

Finally a couple socks and a clipped ho. All blue at 75'.
The ho took a massive herring.

Ended up with 3 socks and a ho all in an hour span... once I was actually fishing

Last edited:
Ended up with 7. Lost the 8th at the boat.! Fireman buddy said “it jumped right over the net!” Rookie. I couldn’t believe the jumpers. We got in close to the green can at the end and it was insane. 5 sockeye and 2 hatchery coho. Watching the seiners was quite entertaining! There really was only one with nets out though. The other 2 were rounding them in, and smashing the water with sticks as they lowered the nets. Pretty unreal. Then........holy sockeye!

Headed out NA at 2:30 till 6 as the weather cleared and was beautiful out there but unfortunately only the one wild coho at 100 feet in 350 on a cop car.
Running squirts on the other side and nothing.
Half dozen boats but no other nets in the water and nothing on the surface.
Looks like we should have been at the SA.

Fished from 930am to 230pm at the SA, fishing conditions were ok. We went 9 for 11 and released a juvenile salmon so ended up with 8 sox. Fished caught from 25, 40, 50, and 70 ft of water in less than 200 ft of water. Lots of sox jumping everywhere. It's annoying when they jump 2 ft from the boat.

Well, the weather for Sunday looks okay, but too sketchy for one last midnight drive through mountains to try once more. I'm officially done till July. I should be retired next time around. I'll send an eyewitness report from the Adams in about a month.
Roderick-Haig Brown Park is now officially called Tsutswecw Park. I think it means "these fish are red boots, sure glad we have friends in Chilliwack".

Well, the weather for Sunday looks okay, but too sketchy for one last midnight drive through mountains to try once more. I'm officially done till July. I should be retired next time around. I'll send an eyewitness report from the Adams in about a month.
Roderick-Haig Brown Park is now officially called Tsutswecw Park. I think it means "these fish are red boots, sure glad we have friends in Chilliwack".

You made the right call. It’s raining like monsoon here in Van and blowing 22 at SH.

Out at SH for the morning. Blowing 15 - 20 knots and bit of washing machine. Fished deep 400 feet water with spring gear but nothing but undersized springs. Went shallow (200 feet) by green buoy at river mouth after lunch, ran through small schools of socks several times. Jumpers in the school but no biters. Noticed jumpers are developing some pink as others have noted. Told by other boat that they stayed in shallows all morning and got a few socks.

Got 3 sox off the green can. Lost 3 or 4. Only got to fish for an hour or so, lots of jumpers and big schools. The potential was there to have an epic day.

Reactions: AB3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back