Search results

1. Jjiggy

Port McNeill/ Telegragh cove

We were also fishing that area this weekend. This is how I fish this area because weather is a wild card when planning a sat sun Monday morn fishing trip. Got up to Telegraph Cove Friday at 4:30 got the boat in the marina tied up went and had supper and to bed. Saturday Canada Day up rolling out...
  2. Jjiggy

Port McNeill/ Telegragh cove

Heading to Telegraph Cove Canada Day weekend should be good!
  3. Jjiggy

2017 Gulf Island Reports

Got out at about 10 was flat glass beauty morn got 2 one clipped one wild. Had 3 takers that didn't stick lost a couple little guys at the boat was going to let go any way. First one hit Irish cream skinny G the fatter one. Couldn't get that spoon to go again got the clipped and the others on...
  4. Jjiggy

2017 Gulf Island Reports

Today was boat maintenance day, heading to porlier tomorrow hope it's a beauty day good luck out there guys
  5. Jjiggy

2017 Gulf Island Reports

Maze well just do it! so you can tell me how it is for when i go tomorrow morn :)
  6. Jjiggy

Puerto Vallarta charter

Just saw this but Masterbaiters he's an American skipper has a tackle shop in old town. He wont lie to you to get you on the boat and will get you into in season fish.
  7. Jjiggy

Satellite Channel Prawn Thief

Earlier this season I had someone pull my gear from around there. Didn't take my traps but the bugger even took my pellet bait out of the jars. Nothing good coming your way pal. I'm in that area Beeznuts I'll keep an eye out.
  8. Jjiggy

Any info on Sointula?

The fishing there has been picking up! I would be fishing the back side of Malcolm Island from Malcolm Point to Trinity Bay, also from Lizard Point down to Donegal Head. Another good place to troll is from Blinkhorn Peninsula down to Kaikash Creek. But go explore the area it`s a beautiful place...
  9. Jjiggy

JDF Derby 2016- who's fishin?

If my my new leg comes from the states in time I'm in.
  10. Jjiggy

North Island Fishing

They were fishing right out from Hardy Bay. The fish should have moved down since last weekend I was at Telegraph we got 4 springs 12-18lbs. Best spots Trinity Bay and bold bluff if it's not too snotty out. If wind is coming right down the straight fish along lizard point to a rock slide. Also...
  11. Jjiggy

Fishing Cowichan Bay /Pender area

I'm surprised u didn't even hook a ling in the narrows. I live in Cow bay and if I'm fishing for salmon I will always make the trip out to pender bluffs, morsby, or coal. On the way home we will drift in the narrows to get a ling. I find the narrows only provides short windows of opportunity...
  12. Jjiggy

Catching a Salmon in Every Month of the Year

Your story is very similar to mine, and I wish him the best of luck achieving his goal! I was born and raised on the prairies where we had a cabin in northern Sk and tossing spoons for pike for hrs everyday as a youngster and ice fishing in the winter. When in the city it was also quite common...
  13. Jjiggy

Go to flasher

Winter springs down deep High Liner Glow UV or Moonjelly. When they show higher up Gold/Silver Betsy killed lots with those.
  14. Jjiggy

Wanted Eleight 7

Need an Elight 7 hdi/hds screen. Anyone thinking of going to the new Lowrance touch stuff let me know what you want for yours. Cheers Jj
  15. Jjiggy

Polier Pass, Valdes, Thrasher

Going to be taking off this afternoon to Thetis Island for the weekend staying at Telegraph Harbour and fishing around the Polier Pass area. Just seeing how others have been doing lately in that area. Hope everyone has a safe great long weekend!
  16. Jjiggy

Downrigger Weights Sooke this summer

With 1101's and 15# balls use snubbers and set your beads so your ball hangs just below the surface when up at the boat. I find that you can bounce them off the bottom with waaay more forgiveness with the snubbers of course.
  17. Jjiggy

Esperenza to Kyuquot

Wow looks stunning up there! Just added another place to go to the bucket list! Awesome pics:)
  18. Jjiggy

Downrigger Weights Sooke this summer

I run nothing less than 15's everywhere I troll. Strong currents can make it hard getting 10# or even 12# to the depths you wish to fish. Even stacking rods for sockeye in Albernie I use 15's. When I bought 10's i went to 12's still not enough, wasted cash but now have spares. My two cents :)
  19. Jjiggy

1/2" x 200' Herzog gold braid anchor line

I will buy this tonight if still available. Lost my anchor this past weekend... PM please
  20. Jjiggy

Hook colors

I have had times when I am constantly marking fish no bites and there are 8 boats around fishing the same area and they aren't hooking up either. I will tie on a red stinger hook to trail the anchovy and that little color change can make the difference in getting a desperate bite.
Back