North Island Fishing

Doggin' it

I'm trying to find out how good fishing for salmon is in the Port McNeil area. Will be coming up in the next couple of weeks and staying at Alder Campground. Any information as to where we can try our luck for springs would be much appreciated.

While it's picked up a bit since the last report on the Telegraph Cove thread, there's still lots of room at the cleaning station in the afternoon. Be prepared to spend a lot of time on the water with not much to show for it. I've been at Alder Bay since July 10 and will be here 'til August 23. Caught my first fish today - a wild coho that I had to release!!

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/telegraph-cove.63377/page-3#post-797695
Thanks Bruce, will probably see you up there, good luck with fishing!

I can't speak for Port McNeil but my pops was just in Port Hardy 2 weeks ago and they limited out easily everyday on salmon. Lots of halibut and lings too.

Thanks Cory that's encouraging, any chance you know where abouts they're catching them...unless that information is top secret :rolleyes:

Kimberlee

They were fishing right out from Hardy Bay. The fish should have moved down since last weekend I was at Telegraph we got 4 springs 12-18lbs. Best spots Trinity Bay and bold bluff if it's not too snotty out. If wind is coming right down the straight fish along lizard point to a rock slide. Also past blink horn along the wall in Robson bite we picked one up. Good luck

Great information!!! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to get up there and try our luck! First timers to the area so that's valuable intel for sure :)

Back