Any info on Sointula?

Dencope

Hey guys. Heading to Sointula for the first time this weekend. Taking the family and the boat, looking for anything fun to do in the area.
More importantly plan on doing some fishing, crabbing and prawning if it's good up there. Please let me know if anyone has a fishing report for up there or where and what to use would be a good start. Don't want to drag up the prawn and crab gear if it's not great up there right now. Thanks in advance for any info!
Denny

The fishing there has been picking up! I would be fishing the back side of Malcolm Island from Malcolm Point to Trinity Bay, also from Lizard Point down to Donegal Head. Another good place to troll is from Blinkhorn Peninsula down to Kaikash Creek. But go explore the area it`s a beautiful place. Prawning not good in the area, crabbing I would drop the traps in 60-70 ft off the beach from Lizard point. Oddly enough there is not many crab in Trinity Bay. Good luck

The fishing there has been picking up! I would be fishing the back side of Malcolm Island from Malcolm Point to Trinity Bay, also from Lizard Point down to Donegal Head. Another good place to troll is from Blinkhorn Peninsula down to Kaikash Creek. But go explore the area it`s a beautiful place. Prawning not good in the area, crabbing I would drop the traps in 60-70 ft off the beach from Lizard point. Oddly enough there is not many crab in Trinity Bay. Good luck
Thanks a lot for the Intel, very much appreciated! Can't wait to explore and give those locations a whirl. Plugs, chovies, spoons or hoochies? Heck why don't I just get you to catch the fish for me to lol. Sorry just want to optimize my short time there. Won't bring the prawn traps and thanks for the heads up on the slow prawning.

Thanks a lot for the Intel, very much appreciated! Can't wait to explore and give those locations a whirl. Plugs, chovies, spoons or hoochies? Heck why don't I just get you to catch the fish for me to lol. Sorry just want to optimize my short time there. Won't bring the prawn traps and thanks for the heads up on the slow prawning.

Check the Telegraph Cove thread. That info is all from around the area you will be staying. The search feature on the forum is your friend, their has been tons of info posted on that area over the years. Good luck, and have fun :)

I would definitely include black bluffs in your travels as well (tacks tight to kelp). Don't think anyone uses plugs - typically chovie show. You may be running a little late thou for springs (been a while since I've been there this timing as usually July/begin August best) - seem to recall its more coho at this time. Hootchies work fine for ho's...can be really good at Mitchell Bay as well (east side along the kelp). Respect the winds if u consider east of Hanson...we got caught over there and had a really scary experience coming back across the sound (mind u, 17.5 boat at the time).

Back