Vancouver Chuck

A little late with the post, but was out monday on the "Permanantley Hooked" with Jay, we picked up a 16lb Red spring first thing about an hour before tide change. We were a couple miles off the south end of Bowen, it was a little lumpy but not too bad, the setup was a green Glow flasher and coyote spoon at 75 feet. I thought the prawns would be scarce but we managed about 325, also a limit of crabs with a couple over 7 inches. All in all a great day on the water.
388923944.jpg

388924143.jpg

We had them set near Bowen, we had a total of 6 traps that we set twice, they are interesting critters, if we hit a good spot there would be 3 times as many in one trap compared to a trap a few hundred feet away, look for holes on the bottom.

Beautiful evening on tha water tonite. Fished close in at Cowan one hit, stole half the bait, moved out to tha hump but pretty quite. hopefully get out on tha weekend with some better luck

Fished West Van, harbour and tried around Pt Atkinson yesterday. Very quiet. Target was cohos but none showed up. However, then sun was warm and the beer was cold!(';)')
Eastpoint

I am out tomorrow. Most likely off Bowen. I'll have the radio on 88A, if anyone wants to connect. Will post a report after.

I will be out on the water around bowen.

I monitor 88a. "Its a Keeper" Haven't been out for about 3weeks.

Was out tonite for a troll around the bell bouy. reel quiet. not a lot on the sounder compared to last weekend same area. hunt will be on 2moro

Decided to fish hole in the wall this morning as I wanted to drop prawn traps any how and had to fuel up. After dropping crab and prawn traps and fueling we set up at hole in the wall around 10 am just before the tide change. Hit a 16 lbs spring right away , did not even have the other gear down yet. 115 FEET on green glo hoochy. Went by same zone for another pass and carried it all the way to lions bay, no other hits. Finnished the day fishing for coho off west van lost one behind the boat and had a 8 lber jump right into the net. Good prawning and so so crabbing. Not a bad day but not fish mania either.

Was out for the evening yesterday, I got a hatch Coho in the harbour. My son caught a 12 pound spring this morning.

Got out of Horseshoe Bay on Sat AM and started out towards Bowen. Was suprised by how much wind was still around despite forecast. Tucked in and fished the Hole in Wall with about a dozen other boats. Heard of 1 18 pound Spring caught and that was it. Did hear of a bit of bite from another boat at the ramp by 3rd mark. Over all very slow.

quote:Originally posted by cohochinook

Got out of Horseshoe Bay on Sat AM and started out towards Bowen. Was suprised by how much wind was still around despite forecast. Tucked in and fished the Hole in Wall with about a dozen other boats. Heard of 1 18 pound Spring caught and that was it. Did hear of a bit of bite from another boat at the ramp by 3rd mark. Over all very slow.
Hey Coho, I fished hole in the wall also from ten till six, I saw crabby too catch that 18 lbr you heard about. We had one hit around slack that didn't stick and landed a beauty 25 lb marble at around three thirty, got lucky prawning 2 traps 2 hundred prawns all in all awesome day!

Cheers Dan

Thanks for the report, I decided to pull the plug today at the last minute. Wind is still up and haven't heard of any fish.:(

quote:Originally posted by viewitall

Hey Coho, I fished hole in the wall also from ten till six, I saw crabby too catch that 18 lbr you heard about. We had one hit around slack that didn't stick and landed a beauty 25 lb marble at around three thirty, got lucky prawning 2 traps 2 hundred prawns all in all awesome day!

Cheers Dan

Glad you hit one! The only I heard of in the AM was Crabby Too.

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

Originally posted by cohochinook

[/quote

Thanks for the report, I decided to pull the plug today at the last minute. Wind is still up and haven't heard of any fish.:(

Probably a good call! Bloody wind.:(

Anyone fish West Van waterfront on the weekend? From what I have heard Coho are spread out and lots in the Cap.

All the chatter on the radio was that it was slow off West Van on Saturday. The number of guide boats fishing at the Hole was probably another sign.;)

Anyone fish West Van waterfront on the weekend? From what I have heard Coho are spread out and lots in the Cap.

All the chatter on the radio was that it was slow off West Van on Saturday. The number of guide boats fishing at the Hole was probably another sign.;)
I went out and bounced around off Passage Island in the wind, waves and current in the morning. I went into the harbor along West Van around 11am, still windy, choppy and a strong current. I think that the current with the big tides have been spreading the bait all over the place, so the fish are scattered all over the place.

I was just gonna go home when the sun came out, I caught one coho for my supper, lost a cannon ball to a crab trap with a floating line and that was it. Another boat got tangled in the same trap line as I was stowing my gear so I went over and pulled up as much line as possible by hand, (commercial trap) and tied a bunch of nasty knots in the line to shorten it and hopefully save some other sportys gear.

Salmon smoker . I had crab trap experience friday evening.. Fishing near spanish banks last marker in about 120ft of water when bottom rod pops off. downriggere at 80ft so first thinking fish. after realizing not afish reverse to area and as i reel up line and lift rod float appears. drop rod float gone. finally buddy got hold of float and pulled up someones crab trap. judging by the muck on float and rope had been down there a while, no bait however one legal crab,my coyote spoon was hooked on cage. my guess is some one dropped it in 80 ft of water during low tide came back and it was gone. It was high tide so i cleaned up float took it in to 80ft and dropped back in. My buddy kept the crab for his new girlfriend. I told him she probably already had some :)

Back