Vancouver Chuck

Its definatley worth it although it will vary with tides and day to day . Try offshore if the reef has no bait. The photo FM posted is Bonchovy Charters trip from Saturday. They were there Sunday evening leaving when I arrive there and reported it slower - but absolutely worth going over there - it only took me 36 min from west Van in my DE 17. (with my new prop and clean hull !! )

Wow, are the fish smaller this year over there ? Last year at this time it was all 17+. Those kind of look borderline, not that I wouldn't be happy with one. ;)

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

Wow, are the fish smaller this year over there ? Last year at this time it was all 17+. Those kind of look borderline, not that I wouldn't be happy with one. ;)
Depends what school you hit but there are lots of 8-12 lbers around offshore. I often find smaller ones that size cruising offshore ( if I can't find any bigger ones in on the reef)

Yep, depends on what school is there when you are. One boat fishing there on Saturday found an area where he was getting high teens low twenties. It's still early over there!!! :D

Man thats awesome , I'm looking for an opening to run over and this Saturday might be it. Blowing 5-15 tops isn't bad. My buddie took 3rd at the derby over at Silva Bay last week. Caught it on a dark green hootchie with green flasher exactly where I told him to fish lol

Man thats awesome , I'm looking for an opening to run over and this Saturday might be it. Blowing 5-15 tops isn't bad. My buddie took 3rd at the derby over at Silva Bay last week. Caught it on a dark green hootchie with green flasher exactly where I told him to fish lol

Hey Brisco, I was fishin over there last Sunday most action I've ever had on the eastside ended the day with 4 the biggest being a 20 lbr. We weren't in the derby but I was wondering what the top 3 weights were? I'm hopeing to get over there on Saturday too.

Cheers Dan

quote:Originally posted by viewitall

Hey Brisco, I was fishin over there last Sunday most action I've ever had on the eastside ended the day with 4 the biggest being a 20 lbr. We weren't in the derby but I was wondering what the top 3 weights were? I'm hopeing to get over there on Saturday too.

Cheers Dan

I heard biggest didn't break 30 mark (29 lbs) and next was about 27 ish then mid twenties I beleive. several in twenties

I believe Peahead has it correct.Funny thing is it was a guest that caught the fish on my buddies boat.I think it was 24lbs.
If anyone is going over Saturday from McDonald beach ramp let me know.

Everyone may want to hold off a sec before running over to Thrasher blowing some big dollars on fuel. It has slowed off recently.

quote:Originally posted by getbent

anything local FM

Getbent

Yup. I have 3 reports from South Bowen. 1 legal each for 2 boats and 2 legal for the third boat. Bites are few and far in between with some sluggin' it out for the bites. Got to find the fish they said.

Well I'm sure not going out there to look for fish. I'll save the money for later on. As far as Thrasher goes, my friend called and they got nothing today.

Well I'm sure not going out there to look for fish. I'll save the money for later on. As far as Thrasher goes, my friend called and they got nothing today.

I hear ya. It has been "tough" going for most over there. I have a couple of ideas I'm going to investigate this side of the Strait tomorrow. May not be such a bad idea! :) :)

Just got back from two days at Thrasher. In a word sloooowwww... We fished 18 hrs, 4 lines, for one fish. Fish that were caught were deep and on the outside. Even the pros were having a tough time, tho' it looks like things may have been picking up at the Grande and the waterfall later today. I would save the gas and listen to the chatter on the radio before heading over.

Passed through that huge (200 - 300) school? pod? of Pacific White Sided Dolphins on the way back. Our first sign of them was all these dolphins, four or five at a time, 12' in the air about 1/2 a mile ahead, and in no time they were all around us. What a treat! Almost made up for the lack of fish.

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

We tried thrasher to. Was slow for us.:( Had couple good hits in deeper water. Had more action later closer to south arm. 2 under size and the keeper lost in mid air as it waved good by with its tail. 9 crabs.
Slick & the catch & release crew !

Spent only about 2 hrs. in that norwesterly this morning, it was pretty lumpy. Dropped a couple of crab traps south of the North Arm. Last years squid still working great in one trap with 5 keepers. The other we tried "Crab Candy" a friend gave us, not a sniff, more like crab repellant.

Found some bait and picked up a nice 10lb. red. Looked to be a peahead. Out by QA at 115', red flasher and green glow teaser/chovy setup.

Off the water early then spent some money on a new tongue jack and spare tire mount. Also picked up a couple of the Silver Horde Ace Hi glows in Cop Car and green spatterback. They sure look like they'll catch fish, they caught me immediately.:D

Spent only about 2 hrs. in that norwesterly this morning, it was pretty lumpy. Dropped a couple of crab traps south of the North Arm. Last years squid still working great in one trap with 5 keepers. The other we tried "Crab Candy" a friend gave us, not a sniff, more like crab repellant.

Found some bait and picked up a nice 10lb. red. Looked to be a peahead. Out by QA at 115', red flasher and green glow teaser/chovy setup.

Off the water early then spent some money on a new tongue jack and spare tire mount. Also picked up a couple of the Silver Horde Ace Hi glows in Cop Car and green spatterback. They sure look like they'll catch fish, they caught me immediately.:D

Back