Vancouver Chuck

Out last night in the upper sound. Hit one legal, lost one and got an undersize. Flat calm and beautiful night on the water.

quote:Originally posted by Peahead

Ok its a large enough area so I shouldn't get into too much trouble reporting this ....
Vancouver Harbour/freighters has come alive. Yesterday afternoon AND evening lots of Springs in teens to high twenties. Several boats boxed multiple chinooks in teens/twenties 75-125'(One fellow hit several Coho as well and released a Sockeye) !

LOL![8] Let's see how many boats show up this weekend! :D

quote:Originally posted by Peahead

I am sure there were boats that got nothing too......

(phew, ....maybe that will keep a few up the sound ...;))

:D:D:D

Fished all weekend and did pretty good overall. Had some coho action off fisheries in the afternoons , fishing between 60 and 30 feet. Everything seemed to work when you hit the school , troll fast landed a couple 7lbs being the best. Howe Sound was good for springs , landed a 16 on the first day before coho fishing, today had 3 just under , lost one in the 20 range had another good hit and run and put one in the box 18 lbs . 90 to 50 feet was working with purple haze batrix strip and whitish hoochy working for me. Good fishing if you put some time in and cover some water. The other side sounded pretty hooked up.

I was out Sat eve. Fishing most areas in the harbour, bellbouy, freighters, QB.... Finally found some fish off West Van shore. Hit a salmon on green/white hoochie at 47'. Lost it near the boat, likley coho. Next hit another fish then gone on hoochie at 47'. Another hit on bait at 37', released undersize chinook. This was all around the evening high slack. Nothing in the box, but some action anyway.

Eastpoint.

After catching fish 6 trips in a row and having my wife say that we had no more room in the freezer, I have now been shut out 4 trips in a row during which time I have had a day where I was sealed twice, two days where I had series of good hits with nothing sticking and yesterday where I lost a very good fish and had an aging downrigger cable snap. The next fish will have been a very expensive one.

As they say, it is called fishing, not catching.

Ran over to the Gulf Islands for the weekend to visit family and do some Ling fishing. Ran back to town in the afternoon on Sunday. Stopped for a couple hours in the harbor to see if some Coho were about. Had three on, landed one. All action on Blood & Bones hoochie 25-30 ft deep.

Fished Howe Sound on Sunday. Hit 4 Springs up to mid teens. All on choives at 56 feet. The bite was right on the tide change for about an hour at noon.

Hi Guys new here and loving the amount of updates and info. Heres my report from Saturday....Fished Point Grey on the am tide Put one 15# red in the box and released two under sized. Headed over to the Cap area (pink app) got two clipped Coho 6 and 7lb ,back over to pt Grey for the pm tide ,hooked a nice Spring that my buddy did a long line release on and let three more under size go.All on bait.
Dan

I haven't been out this weekend as I've been packing everything up to head over to the Island for a few weeks of fishing. Glad to see a few new guys contributing to the reports from the mainland. Welcome to the forum tempest23.

Caught two hatchery cohos about 5 pounds each today in the harbour, and we lost another. Both were caught on a green/white coyote at 60 feet.

First blood in new boat. fished 9-10:30 around bell with no luck.headed over to west van dropped gear at qb and trolled towards pink apt. within10 mins. had a good fish on and lost it about 40 feet back on the surface.60ft green white coyote,as im holding rod cussing, rod at 44ft red flasher green glow chovie goes off. hogged it in as it was not getting away. a 10-12lb red spring. reset rods and trolled around thru same are and a hit again but gone quik . again another rod pops and my buddys playing a decent a fish. we get it near boat netting it and it bolts straight around downrigger wire.buddy jerks rod and leader breaks but fish is still on d/r tried to hit green button and net at same time.didnt work gone. caught a 5 pound coho on green ghost hootchie 35ft.that also made it in boat. had 2 more under size trolling towards fisheries. After 5 trips out a bunch of jacks and a few long releases it was nice to get something for the bbq. my girl friends comment "so thats a 20k dollar fish"

quote:Originally posted by morganic

First blood in new boat. fished 9-10:30 around bell with no luck.headed over to west van dropped gear at qb and trolled towards pink apt. within10 mins. had a good fish on and lost it about 40 feet back on the surface.60ft green white coyote,as im holding rod cussing, rod at 44ft red flasher green glow chovie goes off. hogged it in as it was not getting away. a 10-12lb red spring. reset rods and trolled around thru same are and a hit again but gone quik . again another rod pops and my buddys playing a decent a fish. we get it near boat netting it and it bolts straight around downrigger wire.buddy jerks rod and leader breaks but fish is still on d/r tried to hit green button and net at same time.didnt work gone. caught a 5 pound coho on green ghost hootchie 35ft.that also made it in boat. had 2 more under size trolling towards fisheries. After 5 trips out a bunch of jacks and a few long releases it was nice to get something for the bbq. my girl friends comment "so thats a 20k dollar fish"

Right on Morganic. Saw you out there. Congrats!

Went out sat evening for the high tide . Fished west van, boated a decent hatch coho. Green white hootcie at 39' just east of pink apt. One other hook up further west but did not stick. That was it, only fished for couple of hours. Watched the fireworks from a distance.

Eastpoint

Sure seems slow localy, I'm sure the wind hasn't helped. i'm thinking of giving it a shot in the morning.

Back