Vancouver Chuck

Hey guys . First report from new boat. after a crazy day finally got fishing around the qa about 3pm. Threw down spoons hootchies and choves. hooked 1 fish( at 115', red flasher and green glow teaser/chovy setup) thnx north of 49. After some good runs i lost it as it came swimming back at me) only 1 other boat out. well atleast the boat ran sweet,felt fishy and the chovie was rolling rite. Out friday will report

Ended up getting buried in work, so didn't get out. The reports that I did hear were slow. A couple of fish at the hole in the wall. I guess with the Cap being high all the Coho are shooting right up, so nothing happening there either.

I am going to a friend's Bachelor party which is fishing out of Westport, Washington this weekend. Will post a report when I get back. Apparently it's been quite good down there.

Latest report I have is from 12th and 14th of June from one boat going across to Gabriola - Whalebone/waterfall/Grande 160-180' on bottom got 3 in low- mid teens on June 12th fishing for several hours and a 16lb fishing for just an hour on 14th. A few undersize jacks and feeders released as well. Cop car, flamin hans and spackle back hootchie.
I personally haven't been out since 6th.

quote:Originally posted by billyt

Some fish around seymour bay yesterday

Did you catch any Billyt?

Where is Seymour Bay ? I noticed the test fisheries have caught a few more fish recently up Fraser.

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

Where is Seymour Bay ? I noticed the test fisheries have caught a few more fish recently up Fraser.

Brisco , you must not be local Vancouver guy ;) - inside Cowans Pt

[:I] Yeah, thats it. I always fish out a couple of miles but may try closer next time.

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

[:I] Yeah, thats it. I always fish out a couple of miles but may try closer next time.

Seymour can be very fishy for sure. One day fish, next day gone as they sometimes pass through on way up Howe Sound or Harbour or just to circle into feed and back out. I have had some great fishing in there when other areas are slow. That said it is often empty too but always worth a try especially for those of us fortuneate enough to go right by there on the way to Cowans/Hump/Curtis/Tunstall/Gabriola or on way back home to Fishermans or Horseshoe B.
Years ago the bay would fill with moochers.... I will never forget the day I netted the biggest spring I got in there while mooching .....too bad , not mine but the guy next to me who's fish wrapped my anchor line. He was a happy camper when I held up his fish in my net !!!

quote:Originally posted by morganic

Hey guys . First report from new boat. after a crazy day finally got fishing around the qa about 3pm. Threw down spoons hootchies and choves. hooked 1 fish( at 115', red flasher and green glow teaser/chovy setup) thnx north of 49. After some good runs i lost it as it came swimming back at me) only 1 other boat out. well atleast the boat ran sweet,felt fishy and the chovie was rolling rite. Out friday will report

Well, did you get the skunk off yet?

Drag'n'Fly
22' Blue & White Starcraft Islander

Ya got the skunk off with a "10 inch flounder[}:)]. Went out friday and trolled qa and bell. No hits but was marking tons of fish out there. dont know what i did with wifes # J-global. Call me and were out there. Moored right by your office

I'm itchin to get out there. Been sorting through this winter's purchases "stuff", envisioning the monsters they'll bring in. Boat's still stored on the farm.

Off to Europe this week, I'll call you when I get back.

Hopefully I'll be reading some more successful reports over the next days...

Drag'n'Fly
22' Blue & White Starcraft Islander

Fished what I think was Seymour Bay Friday night. Basically the point on Bowen closest to Passage Island. Was in fairly tight to the shore down about 130 ft. and managed to catch a 27 #er. Green spoon.

A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work! That's my thought after yesterday. 3 hours sleep on Friday night was probably the problem.
I started out early and hooked my first fish just south of Passage island headed for Cowans point. the reel screamed off a ton of line, then the fish spat the hook! 1/2 an hour later (7:30am), I hooked up at south Bowen and brought about a 15lber to the boat, nicked the line with my gaff hook and broke the line. [V] One more undersize a little later on and that was my day.
I sure enjoyed the sunshine and my time on the water.

I was thinking of going out the south arm this week.I`m just wondering about area 29-3.If I understand correctly anything West of a line between The north arm jetty and the Sandheads light is open.I can`t seem to find the boundary coordinates.There should be some fish there as it was very good last year at this time just east of this line.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/maps-cartes/areas-secteurs/29-eng.htm
Area 29 map

http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/x..._notice&lang=en&DOC_ID=124557&ID=recreational
Fisheries Notice FN0347

http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/x..._notice&lang=en&DOC_ID=124837&ID=recreational
Fisheries Notice FN0387

Retention limet = 0 in 29-6, 29-7, 29-9, 29-10 for chinook. Portions of 29-4 and 29-5 have a slot limit. So 29-3 is good for your 2 over 62cm. daily limit. To be safe and to be sure we're in 29-3 we dropped our gear at 123'19" and westward from off the north arm.

quote:Originally posted by getbent

Whats going on out there...anybody know.
Gonna make a stab tomorrow aft.

Getbent

This emoticon is your answer. :D

I know there are several fellow fishin' freaks on here who frequent these forums and some of them don't like my "vague" posts..but in two words...GO FISHING!!! :D:D:D

Gonna try get out on Thursday after work for a couple hours. Anyone got any reports on howe sound/west side of Bowen?? If I remember it was pretty good there round this time last year

Fished trasher and north to entrance over 2 days for the silva bay derby. I was skunked for the first time in a while , a 21.5 won but not many fish came in. Did get some ling , red snapper and big rock cod. I would try howe sound for a change next time I go out unless i hear trasher is going off again. West van and point akinson has been a producer for coho also.

Back