Tales From The Tyee Pool......2012...

Dave, you have done an magnificent job of telling the tales of the Tyee Pool, and I wait for yext year
to hear from you.
I have thought about the "Pool" fishing for many years, and hope to get to participate myself,
while I still have time and strength to do it.
Thanks many times over,
Lure-washer

Thanks.

You're too kind.

Call me next year about getting out and we'll do something.

Take care.

Dave,
Thanks for this thread, and especially for your hospitality the other night when we decided to forego a row.
I have business meetings that I walk into without hesitation, but walking into the clubhouse with you I did literally break a sweat... Listening to the icons sitting there talking, and feeling like a complete outsider.
My "newbie" JuJu will be another year stronger next season, so we will easily boat one :)...

We'll get one for sure next year Steve.
No worries.

Thanks for your understanding too.

Take care.

I suppose the midway point of doing my laundry is as good a time as any for a wrap-up of Tyee season 2012, so here we are.

Last nite was the last in what seemed an unending number of blank nites and indeed, the season ended with a long dry spell, with no Tyee registered after Sept. 5th.

A quick look finds but 31 Tyee registered, 20 of which were caught by newbies who are all now new members of the Tyee Club. As well, we have the youngest Tyee Man ever, with eight year old Owen Lagos claiming that honor. I'm lobbying to have it changed to Tyee Twerp instead of Tyee Man this year and also seeking support in my quest to have anyone under the age of 10 banned from the pool next year.
Having my boat tied next to the Lagos boat all season I've had to endure the indignities of having this diminutive little eight year old guy strutting around showing people the blister he got from fighting his 43 pounder (I really tried to be sympathetic) and then innocently asking if I've caught anything yet. ( snort snort)
Why that little whippersnapper..........................................................but I digress.

Pretty good crowd showed up last nite and I captured half of them in this pic.

LastNite002.jpg

Lots of draws were held and many neat prizes awarded but I had to leave early to rescue my dog who had been cooped up for quite some time.

In some weird and mystical quirk of fate I will be the recipient this year of the Dr. Murphy Award trophy given to the rower who rows the most new members during the season. I rowed two as did another rower but I did my two sooner the he did. Props to him for having rowed two junior members though. My hat's off.

Also a weird year in that a few rowers who have years of experience and proven successes plus put in more time than almost anyone else out there couldn't buy a Tyee although boating numerous undersizes. For want of perhaps two pounds spread over four fish one top rower would have had four Tyee, having weighed in four in the 29 pound range.
No rational explanation for that at all save bad luck, which is irrational. LOL

Anyway, thanks to those who came along with me for a boat ride this past season and I'll be checking in again next year so stay alert. I'll try to get a couple new people out too when we get there.

I'll finish with this pic of my Rookie Rower hat graciously awarded to me by Bing and Francis who manage the Tyee Clubhouse and property during the course of living there full time, and the pic of my first ever Tyee as a rower with pal Burt, who caught it.

Not a bad year.

Take care.

MilitaryDay006.jpg

BertTyee1.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to write this up all season, it's been a very enjoyable read!! Two thumbs up.

I followed the thread as well with interest. Will have to give this a go soon. Maybe a winter project to build a suitable row boat.

Thanks for the read and congrats on the successful season. What an awesome club! I look forward to next years thread.

I too have enjoyed this thread immensely. I'm sad that the season is over and look forward to next year's "Tales".

It's a couple weeks early, but are you planning on doing a 2013 thread? I really enjoyed reading last year's.

Back