My Tyee Pool Special Award For 2021Goes To: The Fish Assassin.

Dave H

Having once again avoided all the trouble involved in boating a Tyee, I was nearly at a loss as to who would win the award for best experience of the year either from my boat or not.

I solved that dilemma as I now have a contender for the Best Foul-Hooked Kelp Greenling right here, one Owen May, aka Fish Assassin.

RSCN6854.JPG

Wait a minute, I hear you thinking.

He wins an award for that???

Actually, no he doesn't. They wouldn't weigh it at the Clubhouse because it was "foul hooked", so it couldn't be registered.
Pfffft.

Dumb rule if you ask me.

Anyway.
He wins the award for "best experience of the year outside a boat", albeit a day early, as he is getting married tomorrow, so THAT will be his best experience of the year and will not involve a boat at all.

I would like to extend all my very best wishes to Owen and Laura and in honor of their nuptials I've offered to allow him to sit in my boat again next year while I row aimlessly around the Tyee Pool.

He's accepted that which is great, because now I don't have to buy him a big expensive present.

So, all the best to the big guy and his bride-to-be and may they enjoy many more years together.

Wondering if this should be posted in the In Memoriam thread. LOL

Take care.

You just like the Kentucky Fried Chicken.

Last edited:
Heartfelt congratulations to Owen and Laura from the GLG family. :cool:

Dave please make it habit to write one post a day just so I'm guaranteed to have something to look forward to.

Be careful what you wish for. LOL

I have a cache of stories from various times in my life available plus I intend to write a few more.
I'm not disciplined enough to do one post a day but if people don't mind my writing about a variety of topics in addition to fishing, I can accommodate you a bit.

The main problem is that most of them are first person so seem and are very self-centered on me, which I am not totally comfortable with all the time.

I could try to overcome that I suppose.
I've survived worse things.

Keep a beady eyeball on the General Open Forum and I'll see what I can conjure up.

I'm thinking of starting with my life as a "ladies man", starting at age 12 when I took the cutest girl in the class to the Grade Six Graduation party.

Dave's First Date.jpg

Take care.

Be careful what you wish for. LOL

I have a cache of stories from various times in my life available plus I intend to write a few more.
I'm not disciplined enough to do one post a day but if people don't mind my writing about a variety of topics in addition to fishing, I can accommodate you a bit.

The main problem is that most of them are first person so seem and are very self-centered on me, which I am not totally comfortable with all the time.

I could try to overcome that I suppose.
I've survived worse things.

Keep a beady eyeball on the General Open Forum and I'll see what I can conjure up.

I'm thinking of starting with my life as a "ladies man", starting at age 12 when I took the cutest girl in the class to the Grade Six Graduation party.

View attachment 72003

Take care.
You haven't aged a day! And yes please keep them coming!

Back