Tales From The Tyee Pool......2012...

Dave H

Tyee season officially started today, July 15th. although not much effort usually happens until nearer the end of the month.
Due to popular demand from my sisters and my dog Buddy I've been inspired to do a thread again this year for your listening pleasure.

Stay tuned for further developments and to all my rod holders, both those who did get out last year and those couple who didn't. I'll be contacting you when the time arrives.

Until then.....

Take care.

I dunno man.

My standards are pretty well defined and it looks to me like you've got a bad case of crabs there.....presuming that's you in your Avatar. LOL

I'll contact you later for sure though.

Take care.

Hi Dave, we really look forward to another evening in the Pool if you can fit us in!! I still remember that big slab rolling up right behind the boat...

Brief update for today:

I'm wearing blue underwear.

Little effort in the pool as yet although I saw three boats out two nights ago, but all agree it's early yet.

Last night I rowed over to pal Peter's place, next door to Painters Lodge, and while there watched their fleet arrive back from their fishing forays. Much excitement as one of the boats had a very nice fish which, when weighed on their scale, turned out to be 29 lbs. seven ounces, just short of Tyee size. Should have heard the moans from the onlookers.
Anyway, here's a couple of pics from last evening.

This is normal view from Pete's porch showing the fleet at Painter's Lodge and Peter and the Painter family's dock right next door.

PetePorch001.jpg

Here's a bit more of a close-up look at their fleet. I think they have 30 of these type boats and three or four rowboats too.

PetePorch004.jpg

Here's my rowboat at Peter's dock. It's a nice row across from where I have my boat in the river to Peter's place but it can be a bugger rowing back on an ebb tide. LOL
I motored back last night.

PetePorch002.jpg

Take care.

It's late morning Sunday and pouring rain.
Oh joy.

Little to report as yet although reliable sources tell me an undersize was hooked but lost a few mornings ago.
One of the Painters Lodge boats I'm told and may have been Bruce the Goose as I saw him out the next day.

Earlier today a couple of obviously ignorant people motored the length of the Tyee Pool casting and jigging as they went. Sadly I was unarmed so they live for another day. LOL

Absolutely pouring rain right now which means another bailing out to do later.

Updates later as required.

Take care.

I have nothing to report so this is just a cheap way of topping this thread.

Hang in there intrepid rod-holders.

Take care.

Friday, August 3rd. and no Tyee yet.
So far I've heard of an 18 pounder and I saw a 23 pounder caught in the pool but nothing else.
I'll phone all you rodholders the instant we have some fish available so hang in there.

Take care.

As at this instant, Wed. nite, there have been no fish caught other than the earlier two I noted.
Hope springing eternal we are all now convinced that with the flow in the Campbell finally down to summer recreational levels some fish will start holding soon. Monday evening I saw two fish roll in the Pool, both very close to shore. The sight of them convinced me to take a good look myself so last nite I rowed my neighbor and his gal pal and this is what it looked like from my perspective.

Aug08001.jpg

Hang in there faithful rodholders.........we're getting close now.

Take care.

Well, I certainly didn't expect to still be reporting bad news on the 11th, but here I am.

I rowed the last two nites along with a dozen or more others and nada.

I heard Randy K got another little one two nites ago but the only excitement last nite was watching Humpback whales pass by and enjoying the sunset. I had a fella from Kelowna holding the rod for me and as an experienced big trout troller in Okanagan Lake he did a fine job. A strong evening breeze coupled with a small but consistent flood made for steady pulling in order to cover much water so it was a good workout for sure.
I'm getting in shape for when the fish show up and I can start getting you guys out too.

Take care.

We have a Tyee and here it is.
Rowed by novice rower Quentin Dodd, on right, and boated by Troy Winslow and hour ago.
Right now there are five boats all jockeying for the spot on the corner of the bar and Troy's out trying for a Daily Double.
I'll be making phone calls later so get ready faithful rodholders.

Take care.

TroyTyee.jpg

Further evidence that the right shoes and socks for the occasion make all the difference.

Its clearly the watch that got it...;)

Loving the Tyee pool reports Dave H, definitely on my bucket list of things to try.

As fate would have it HeavyC and I travelled around the Tyee Pool tonite but ..............he failed me miserably.

As always I rowed magnificently so it must be the rodholder's fault for us drawing a blank. LOL

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Weird nite on the water with conflicting currents and a steady wind and some weird swell action all of which made for a good workout for yours truly, but we touched nothing but the bottom a couple of times.

Nobody else did a thing tonite so we're on even terms with everyone and, like we all believe, we'll get 'em next time.

Take care.

Next time I won't let you down Dave. I feel shame for letting that rowing go to waste.

Thank you again for taking me, we'll get them next time.

No worries Chris, I did a repeat tonite with an old pal holding the rod with exactly the same results.

Darn wind seemed to get worse as the evening wore on too, so I had another good workout but, like everyone else out tonite, caught nada.

I'm really starting to dislike that wind I'll tell ya. LOL

Take care.

Back