Sooke Reports - 2007

If you guys have radar reflectors you dont have to worry about it!
Its really dumb to fish out in the middle if the big ships cant see you!
I talked to the guy on the seiner and you scared the **** out of him could have ran you down and not felt it!
Stay close to the rocks!!!

If you guys have radar reflectors you dont have to worry about it!
Its really dumb to fish out in the middle if the big ships cant see you!
I talked to the guy on the seiner and you scared the **** out of him could have ran you down and not felt it!
Stay close to the rocks!!!

Well its starting to slow down out there!!!! a few big ones left especially now had one on after a 25 min battle which he listened and did great got it up to the boat and holy s&*t bigger than I have seen in a while would venture to say bigger than the one last week said to the guy just before

"if you see the rod going down let it go and we will reel it back in as there isnt a lot of streach on the line now so be carefull"

1 min later it just wont come in it turns to go and the guy looks at it and I didnt think a loomis could bend like that Im am yelling at the top of my lungs "LET IT GO" he completly froze snap the leader breaks now i cant write what I said next i was completly frustrated and pissed off but what can you do?????

My job is to hook them then the rest is up to them his loss I couldnt do anything else !!!!!!

One more day tommorow boys get out there if you can big rain starting monday night for 4 days and that will be it they will be gone!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Well its starting to slow down out there!!!! a few big ones left especially now had one on after a 25 min battle which he listened and did great got it up to the boat and holy s&*t bigger than I have seen in a while would venture to say bigger than the one last week said to the guy just before

"if you see the rod going down let it go and we will reel it back in as there isnt a lot of streach on the line now so be carefull"

1 min later it just wont come in it turns to go and the guy looks at it and I didnt think a loomis could bend like that Im am yelling at the top of my lungs "LET IT GO" he completly froze snap the leader breaks now i cant write what I said next i was completly frustrated and pissed off but what can you do?????

My job is to hook them then the rest is up to them his loss I couldnt do anything else !!!!!!

One more day tommorow boys get out there if you can big rain starting monday night for 4 days and that will be it they will be gone!!!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Wow, lots of boats west of otter with all those lines in the water I didn't see a Spring caught. lots of fish on my sounder but no bites, dam frustrating, fished 9am till 5 nothing but two coho, a bird at 55 ft and a empty case of beer. beauty day.

Wow, lots of boats west of otter with all those lines in the water I didn't see a Spring caught. lots of fish on my sounder but no bites, dam frustrating, fished 9am till 5 nothing but two coho, a bird at 55 ft and a empty case of beer. beauty day.

We were out there as well, lots of stuff on the sounder but they would not bite. We got two hatchery coho, no springs, did not see any caught either. On our way in East of Otter we came into a massive school of herring!! There were diving birds and gulls for miles and miles all down the coast, the sounder was black where ever we moved to. Have'nt seen a body of herring that big in a long time. The diving birds would school up the herring at the surface. We drove over it several times with the boat and was able to use our small dip net and kept filling it with full size herring!!! Big 5-8 inch herring!! It was incredible. We have our supply of bait for a long time now. Seeing all that bait made use wonder where all the springs must of been !!?

We were out there as well, lots of stuff on the sounder but they would not bite. We got two hatchery coho, no springs, did not see any caught either. On our way in East of Otter we came into a massive school of herring!! There were diving birds and gulls for miles and miles all down the coast, the sounder was black where ever we moved to. Have'nt seen a body of herring that big in a long time. The diving birds would school up the herring at the surface. We drove over it several times with the boat and was able to use our small dip net and kept filling it with full size herring!!! Big 5-8 inch herring!! It was incredible. We have our supply of bait for a long time now. Seeing all that bait made use wonder where all the springs must of been !!?

Had a great day with my 12 yr old daughter yesterday west of Sooke.

Didn't get out until about 10 am. Fished for about 2 hrs with nothing and was thinking about trolling out to see if there was any cohos around. She then says "dad there is something wrong with the left rod" I look and sure enough off the pin. Then the scramble ensued. Dad was panicking trying to get all the gear up and she just kept saying that the line was still going out. Cleared the stacked rod and rigger and thought I would just land the fish on the open side, then the fish ran again, and I had time to clear the second rod. After about a fifteen minute fight the fish swam up beside the boat and we both saw it for the first time. "Its huge" she screamed. She picked up her first tyee (31 white) played it like a pro. One of these special days as she was so excited she didn't want to go home. Very proud pappa. Special thanks to all that got out of the way, as I am sure most that saw the antics got a laugh.

WF

Had a great day with my 12 yr old daughter yesterday west of Sooke.

Didn't get out until about 10 am. Fished for about 2 hrs with nothing and was thinking about trolling out to see if there was any cohos around. She then says "dad there is something wrong with the left rod" I look and sure enough off the pin. Then the scramble ensued. Dad was panicking trying to get all the gear up and she just kept saying that the line was still going out. Cleared the stacked rod and rigger and thought I would just land the fish on the open side, then the fish ran again, and I had time to clear the second rod. After about a fifteen minute fight the fish swam up beside the boat and we both saw it for the first time. "Its huge" she screamed. She picked up her first tyee (31 white) played it like a pro. One of these special days as she was so excited she didn't want to go home. Very proud pappa. Special thanks to all that got out of the way, as I am sure most that saw the antics got a laugh.

WF

Wolf....get ready start preparing for sum steel bashing bud!!I owe you for serving me up in ball this year!!haha!!Anyway the new yami jet's fired up ill take you for a scream soon with ol bags!!WoW seems pretty late for the big whites too be milling!!Vedder river/Harrison fish i guess??

Wolf....get ready start preparing for sum steel bashing bud!!I owe you for serving me up in ball this year!!haha!!Anyway the new yami jet's fired up ill take you for a scream soon with ol bags!!WoW seems pretty late for the big whites too be milling!!Vedder river/Harrison fish i guess??

Well all I can say is good for you as there were a ton of boats out there!!!!!!

And now ill comment on this post ever since we started it look at how many posts this thing has gotten and VIEWS almost 60,000 THAT IS UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one more trip booked and then thats it for the year and we will start this all over again in 8 months it was a good year some days better than others some days scratching ones head wondering "where are they"!!!!!

I just wanted to personally thank all of you on here for the positive feedback and comments on here directed at me and fellow sooke fisherman and we kept it pretty civil for most of it lol

Again thanks

Roy (wolf)

P.S.count me in anytime for the boat ride !!!!!!!

Well all I can say is good for you as there were a ton of boats out there!!!!!!

And now ill comment on this post ever since we started it look at how many posts this thing has gotten and VIEWS almost 60,000 THAT IS UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have one more trip booked and then thats it for the year and we will start this all over again in 8 months it was a good year some days better than others some days scratching ones head wondering "where are they"!!!!!

I just wanted to personally thank all of you on here for the positive feedback and comments on here directed at me and fellow sooke fisherman and we kept it pretty civil for most of it lol

Again thanks

Roy (wolf)

P.S.count me in anytime for the boat ride !!!!!!!

Hope to see you again next year wolf... Till then keep a strain on er and again thx for all you're help this past Aug you definitely helped make our trip more successful...

P.S. tryin to talk the old lady into letting me book a hali trip with you this spring,, you never know...

Hope to see you again next year wolf... Till then keep a strain on er and again thx for all you're help this past Aug you definitely helped make our trip more successful...

P.S. tryin to talk the old lady into letting me book a hali trip with you this spring,, you never know...

joe.s,,, you definitely have a mental problem that you should get looked at real soon...
You may lip the wrong guy off one of these times and actually have to back up you're mouth and it has been my experience in life that people like you are generally the weakest puniest of the lot... Not sure what you're problem is but I think everyone on hear is getting a little tired of you're senseless dribble..

joe.s,,, you definitely have a mental problem that you should get looked at real soon...
You may lip the wrong guy off one of these times and actually have to back up you're mouth and it has been my experience in life that people like you are generally the weakest puniest of the lot... Not sure what you're problem is but I think everyone on hear is getting a little tired of you're senseless dribble..

I agree with Walleyes, Joe S your comments are unappreciated and unwanted. On most forums you would've been banned by now.

I agree with Walleyes, Joe S your comments are unappreciated and unwanted. On most forums you would've been banned by now.

Back