Sooke Reports - 2007

ten years ago, I saw people casting out at Victoria breakwater catching cohoes and springs often from the shore up to Odgen Point.

Fished today from the trap to Possesion and back. Hooked 1 8lb spring and a seal!!! Yes a young seal hit my anchovy and brought it right to the boat and cut it free. Felt good to fight something with some weight to it....even if it was a seal. Man I am getting desperate. Saw a 42 at Cheanuh being weighed. He also had 2 teenagers in the box so someone did alright. Although if Tailspin and Wolf say it is slow then I dont feel so bad.

i managed a 22 today, but that is all we could do for just over 8 hrs on the water, nice day otherwise

Barb.you must have a good roll if a seal took it,or are they so desperate for fish too.

Well it has finally happened for my guests and me got the first over 40 this year great fight as it took 5 runs from the boat and suck holed down deep for what seemed FOREVER and held there took almost 30 mins to get in here he was a beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!got him on that very short morning flood seen a few more caught as well hope the rain today isnt going to wreak it for the week!!!!!!!!!!
sookefishing2007156.jpg

sookefishing2007179.jpg

He was a 48.5 lbs I was hoping for it to be there but it has to be a true 50 before ill call it that!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Ya nice fish Wolfy. I saw ya burn by us out there on your way in. Looks like a few good ones left as we saw a friend of ours get one around 40 and we lost a good one this morning. A good bite where we were at right at the change. We also nailed a 14 hatchery coho on a cutplug fished deep! It might all change with this rain though.

Outstanding job wolf. I think I will sell my boat this winter and use the proceeds to book Wolf all next summer as a guide. Funny thing is it will probably be cheaper in the long run and more fish to show for it. Well done.

Hey Wolf, U the man :) and I thought the big fish were all up the rivers spawning already....... With the kind of fish that you have been catching for your clients I am sure you will be a very busy guy come next year. Outstanding fish! Striper Sniper

Yup,,, you da man wolf.... Good job on a beauty fish...

Thanks guys I must admit I personally was pumped and I still am that is the biggest fish I have ever got from sooke the next one was a 46 from secretary a day before the Juan de Fuca derby and my partner as you all know, was not impressed LOL

Good day out there today.
Got a 28lb and 6-7lb spring, 11lb and 6-7lb hatchery coho and threw back a couple of wild coho. :D
The 28 took out a tone of line!

All around the tide change. Also deeper than usual.

Tips

Was it 48.5 lb's before or after you bled it?

If it was after I'd say the 50 lb Club has a new member.

Either way I'm sure you'll sleep well tonite.

Salute

It was bleed but still doesnt matter on the scale it was what it was like every one on here it is a dream to get that 50 plus lber especially down on the south coast and if/when I do get that illbe one happy man LOL here is a pic for you guys gives it something to go by as to size and before you ask thats not the flasher that got it LOL LOL but I do use that one from time to time

sookefishing2007162.jpg

Good luck Wolf

Back