Sooke Reports - 2007

Back to fishing reports.

Like most others who were at Otter and Muir on Sunday we caught 3 big cohos but all were wild. Biggest was about 15. Nice to see. Lots of fish on the sounder everywhere but most seemed to have lockjaw.

Back to fishing reports.

Like most others who were at Otter and Muir on Sunday we caught 3 big cohos but all were wild. Biggest was about 15. Nice to see. Lots of fish on the sounder everywhere but most seemed to have lockjaw.

Joe S and others let it be public information We don't need pot stirers here. This site is the best saltwater forum period!
Enough said! I hate baysitting and will soon be removing members that continue to step over the line.

The Sportfishingbc Moderating Team

Joe S and others let it be public information We don't need pot stirers here. This site is the best saltwater forum period!
Enough said! I hate baysitting and will soon be removing members that continue to step over the line.

The Sportfishingbc Moderating Team

whats the word on Coho out there, any body catching any real numbers? Also has anybody been looking deep for them like last year?(100'+)

nice work, I know last year I was hitting them around 100-130 feet off sooke. maybe this rain will bring them down.

Talked to the Co,s today at Beacher and they indicated Oct 1st you will be able to keep one wild and three hachery Sooke area. As For Reeny two hachery outside can bouy and two wild inside can. Released a wild coho pushing twenty pounds off the trap reef at 70" no B.S boys. Cheers Fah Cups.

Was out yesterday and didnt start out good as soon as i got there killer whales damn!!!! so pounded it as close as i could to the boundry at the basin had 2 hits one good one and a small coho/spring that I didnt get any of them saw only one other fish caught and dont know if the coho are in good numbers yet saw only about 10 other boats and they were streched out quite a bit chatted to a fellow guide and he had one feeder up top and 1 coho and he didnt see much as well.

Guess the big boys are gone for another year!!!!!!!!

Wolf

I cant wait to next year! I had my fun, hopefully hook into a tyee

WEll thats it for the year did my last trip on Sat. there are some coho there but you got to work for em till next year in sooke good luck to the guys getting coho I AM DONE time to work and go hunting !!!!!!!!!

Want to say it was great meeting some new people out there as well ,walleyes,danthewire, just to name a few it was a lot of fun looking forward to neat year cant believe sept is already over!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Thx for the info all summer wolf.. And we should realy look at hooking up for good whitetail hunt.. And just so you don't think I'm bull****ing heres a pic of my living room at home.. I'll trade you a whitetail hunt for a Hali trip what you say... Pro on Pro ????

IMG_1100.jpg

Like that one on the far right with the split g2s and 3s awsome I have been doing quite well myself too ill re post on the general forum of some of the whitetail I got too

Wolf

Well Wolf, you can teach an old fisherman new tricks,I had gone off on a different tangent with my fishing,THANK YOU for your unselfish willigness to pass on some of your knowledge and to get me thinking again.It re lit my passion for fishing I can't thank you enough.P.S.played the rod pop off trick on a friend in Bamfield, still laughing over that one.THANKS ROY we'll see you out there next year. DAN

Back