SFBC Forum Members Derby 2014

Yes there are five hidden weights being given to us by SFBC once the derby is over.

They are being chosen by someone un-bais to this event and being placed in a sealed envelope that will be held by SFBC till the end of the derby.

Instructions were given to choose weights in quarter pound increments. Example 2.0, 12.25, 22.5, 32.75

ah ok :p Thought you meant don't post in this thread unless your fish is at least .25 heavier then the guy before you. Just noticed there was no weights posted anyway. Blond moment.

As an organizer I don't really think it would be right to share the weights of other people's fish they enter.

No one will know the weights or the dates caught besides the person who entered the fish.

I will only post and share their photo entry's now and then to peak interest.

In the case of a tie the date entered will be used to decide the winner.

I should add as of June 1st the 3 leaders will be posted to save members from having to run the a scale and have a fish verified if they feel their fish won't take a leader spot.

[h=2]Win A Trip With Bear Cove Cottages...SFBC Derby[/h]
You may have missed out on the first Early Bird Prize but there is still time to register for the SFBC Derby. Here is a video featuring Wade from Bear Cove Cottages, one of the sponsors for the top three prize category. Not sure if Wade can guarantee fish like this on every trip, but a good time will be had by you and your friends! This prize does not require that you be in attendance at the wind up bbq to win. So if you think you've got what it takes to catch one of the top three fish this summer, register now and get fishing!

http://www.youfish.tv/cape-scott-chinook-video_028239619.html

MP CS.jpg

The prize package!

Bear Cove Cottages in Port Hardy has stepped up and is happy to donate a day of fishing in Port Hardy. This is a Shoulder Season trip for you and 3 friends between mid May and mid June 2015. This is one of two donations Bear Cove has made to the Derby!

BCC.jpg

http://www.bearcovecottages.com/

Seems there is some confusion..... Not sure how this one came about but just to be clear.

This was asked....

"I had someone tell me that the fish you catch has to be from your home waters....I can't find this rule anywhere and was curious. I am going to be making trips to Tofino and McNeill this year, am I allowed to enter fish from these areas being that I am from Nanaimo?"

The answer.....

Fish anywhere you want excluding the QCI's and Rivers Inlet. The derby was designed to allow you to fish your own waters without having to go anywhere, but doesn't limit you to your own waters.

Just get out there and have fun

Win a Trip With Serengeti Fishing Charters!

Check out this video of fishing with Serengeti Fishing Charters who have donated a day charter for up to 3 people to the SFBC Derby 2014. This prize package will go to one of the Top 3 Salmon and the winner does not need to attend the wrap up bbq to receive it. Entries will be accepted until the end of May. To register contact sfbcderby2014@gmail.com.

http://www.serengetifishingcharters.com/

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/luy-SClR3vE" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Back