SFBC Forum Members Derby 2014

Just received a email from Harbour Chandler........On Sept.27th the day of our wrap up party in Nanaimo, Harbour Chandler is offering a 20% discount on all regular priced items in store to participants of the 2014 SFBC Salmon Derby.

That will be 3 days prior to my 40th.... Maybe I'll have to buy myself a present

Your 40th what?? :)

Stopped to talk to Jencourt for five minutes a couple days ago.Next thin I knew I was giving him name rank and serial number. Oh an 25 bucks. All good, glad to be entered and helping a good cause. I am not sure if I will catch a big one. I will be fishing with him, and every time I went last year he kept wanting to catch pinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for someone to volunteer and take on any after party that may arise after the awards BBQ. This would be best suited for someone that lives and knows the best watering holes on a Saturday night in Nanaimo.

Please contact me if this is something you can take on...

Wondering if you can fish for salmon in freshwater as I would like to join but I am in Mabel lake bc...

You can enter the derby as you are a member.... And you will still be eligible for early bird prize.

But.......

Rules

• Fresh water caught salmon do not qualify for entry.

Alrighty that's okay maybe another time

How to enter......

Entry:

• $25 Entry Fee Per Person

• Entry fee payable to LRES (Little River Enhancement Society)

• Mail to:
SFBC Salmon Derby​
Unit 6-2401 Cliffe Ave.​
Box #113
Courtenay, BC​
V9N2L5​

Please include name(s) (forum name and real name(s), age of children entered, email address and phone number(s). Email confirmation will be sent out once entry is received. Personal information will be kept confidential and will be destroyed October 2014.

Arrangements can be made, and help is available if you find getting your entry in is to difficult.

Please contact me if you want to pay by ETransfer

There has been some interest from some of our members south of the border. I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that all members including US residents/members are more then welcome to participate.

Area

• Fish your own waters and plan your own trips
  • Coast Wide (excluding Rivers Inlet and QCI's)

There has been some interest from some of our members south of the border. I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that all members including US residents/members are more then welcome to participate.

Area

• Fish your own waters and plan your own trips
  • Coast Wide (excluding Rivers Inlet and QCI's)
That's great! So coast wide would include the WA coast or would I need to be fishing in BC waters? I'd love to contribute to the cause even if I didn't have a chance of winning but it would be even better if I could play the game too.

Did I correctly read that you need to be present at the BBQ in Naniamo to win draw prizes?

For those who can't attend the BBQ what prizes can they win?

Oh you just wait.... But not to long or you'll miss out.

There are awards to go out to our winners which are being finalized and will be posted as soon as they are ready. They are killer. We are working on prizes as well to go with these awards. But remember when this derby was started we had nothing and it's gone a long way and continues to grow every day.... Lots still to come.

There is an early bird prize and we are currently working on others :)

There is a huge pile of awesome prizes that continues to grow that will be given away at the wrap up party.

One should think about the habitat and the resource and not always be concerned with prizes and 1.5 hour drive. This derby is about the fish being the winners.... Is a $25 entry that goes directly to an enhancement society not a good enough reason to enter.... I think so :)

A Islander MR3 has been donated as a Children's Prize. The winner of this reel will not have to attend the awards wrap up party all they have to do is enter and win :) This reel will be given to one of the children in the 9-12 year age grouping..... Other great surprizes are in the works so stay tuned :)

Serengeti Fishing Charters in Port Hardy has donated a day of fishing for up to 3 people in the 2015 Shoulder Season (May 15-June 14, and Aug 29-Sept 10). This has an approx. value of $1500. They will be flexible on dates so you can pick the best weather day (few days in advance obviously) to head out.

This prize will be given to one of our top three winners. The winner of this package will not have to attend the awards wrap up party. All you have to do is enter the 2014 SFBC Salmon Derby and catch one of the top 3 fish. More details on winning this trip to come along with more great prizes.

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

Bear Cove Cottages in Port Hardy has stepped up yet again and is happy to donate up a day of fishing in Port Hardy. This is a Shoulder Season trip for you and 3 friends between mid May and mid June 2015

This prize will be given to one of our top three winners. The winner of this package will not have to attend the awards wrap up party. All you have to do is enter the 2014 SFBC Salmon Derby and catch one of the top 3 fish. More details on winning this trip to come along with more great prizes.

www.wickedsalmon.com

Awesome work guys. Cheque is in the mail.

Owen, would of been quicker to run it down to you.
Better yet, should of left the cheque with a pizza at
the store near Safeway. Lol. .....BB

All these great new announcements and an awesome early bird prize and I only received one entry by mail this week... :(

Need those entry's in hand by May 5th to get yourself entered for the early bird prize.

Back