SFBC Forum Members Derby 2014

Just wondering SFBC if past members on here that got kicked off can get a pardon and be allowed to enter the derby? Or is there crime to serious to let them enter the derby? Example LP?

Just wondering SFBC if past members on here that got kicked off can get a pardon and be allowed to enter the derby? Or is there crime to serious to let them enter the derby? Example LP?

Rules

• Must be a member of SFBC in good standing to register.

Really entrants must attend the BBQ to win a prize?

Thats normal..... Organizers shouldn't have to pick prizes for winners or make shipping arrangements. I live 1hr and 20mins away from the central location where the wrap up is being held. You are about 1hr 30 mins. People are coming from north island and lower mainland.

When you arrive at the BBQ you with check in with one of the volunteers who will give you a ticket which will enter you in the draw for all remaining donated prizes.

The awards themselves will be on site at the BBQ. If you can not attend and you are a winner of one of the 5 awesome awards, arrangements can be made. (3 largest salmon and 2 children 1st place winners)

Pictures of the awards will be posted as soon as they are completed.

....feels like I am posting support for this event a lot...but those involved, keep it up! I called Owen out weeks back because of his bickering (lol) about his thought for the ideal derby. Shortly after I was enjoying a plate of my own words because he went ahead and got this thing done. Good on you!
I am not in the 'full' loop of this derby, but its disappointing to hear from the organizer that distances of over and hour are 'too far to travel'...ect. [edit: broad brush strokes omitted lol]

I've read guys willing to participate from Port Hardy and other up-island locations, as well as members from the lower mainland and beyond (the Okanagan and Alberta specifically) so it sticks out like a sore thumb when the guys who are little over an hour away and 30 bucks in gas gripe on and moan.
Those who have been 'banned' and complain about not being aloud to enter, well, beds made...time to sleep in it. There's not much else to be said there. It's unfortunate that people are excluded but the forum is a business and should be run as such. If you have people who are bad for business...they get the axe. You can't bash bash bash and then when something fun or of interest to you comes up its "What about me!?"

This is a forum wide derby. If it doesn't appeal to you, its $25 (the cheapest derby around) you don't have to spend. If it's too far, that's your problem. As best I can tell the prizes keep rolling in no matter how many people enter so the only ones that suffer is the Little River Enhancement society , the rest that have entered, it should have a great time!!

====================================================FB

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to clarify " I am not locked in" and I fish in SVI in sooke area as well as cowichan and will be going. That really doesn't represent everyone... I like the idea especially for enhancement fundraising... I am involved in a fundraising derby every year and a lot of work is needed to get this to work...I also think it is a good idea to meet some of the guys North, and Nanaimo and the mainland. I think its important to connect our sport fishing community since we have same goals together. I also will be sending a donation from my company as we were supporters last year FA...I will get a hold of you soon...

To get this too work we all have to prepared to go to different locations...

I am from SVI and will participate as a number of my buddies here will too. So don't judge so quickly my friend.

Sure nice to see more folks talking about participating. Lets keep it going!! I for one am all in and it looks like I have about 7 others coming in from my Circle so far.
Looking forward to meeting some of you at the BBQ

I was just looking at the prize thread. seems to be growing daily. Awesome work FA. Also Kudos to all the businesses stepping up and helping out with donations.

Said it before and will say it again. This is a great idea with huge potential to make a big difference to some deserving enhancement projects each year. One of the easiest,hassle free derby's to take part in I have ever heard of. If your going to fish this year at all, there is really no reason not to join in.Got my entry as well as a couple buddies to Owen the other day. SFBC welcomed two new members in doing so. "Toronto67 and comoxxpress.Will be dropping off four or five more entries from other members in the next little bit. Hope everyone else is getting it done as well.

Can't wait till May 1st. every pin popper all summer long could be the big one.

I hear there is more coming. This derby, prize wise, is absolutely outstanding!!! :).

I think the wrap up will be awesome. Myself and others will be donating tuna steaks for the barbeque. Nanaimo isn't called the Hub City for nothing lol :D.

I really look forward to meeting all kinds of folks, from all over, at the wrap up party. Totally awesome prizes to be won:cool:.

Cheers,
John

Yup, there is more coming..... :)

SFBC has come up with a great idea.... TBA

Fishwhisperer is also working something amazing for entrants.... TBA

CCB is arranging a special treat to be shown off and enjoyed by entrants at wrap up party... TBA

Jencourt is working on a great pormotionanal banner that will be given to donors to show that they supported us..

So far 4 of our tuna junkies have offered up a few samples to be enjoyed at the wrap up party on Sept 27th... If you'd like to donate I am going to try and arrange a drop of location in Bamfield during the tuna derby which ends the weekend before the 2014 SFBC Salmon Derby wrap up BBQ. Waiting on a reply from tuna derby organizers. If anyone has a contact please PM me the info or direct them my way.

A couple of our hunters and sausage makers/chefs have offered to bring some of thier treats to be grilled..

Still have more donations to be posted and more coming in all the time.

If you want to donate please contact me to have your company added to the list.

Get your entry in, derby starts May 1st and cut off for entry is June 1st.

How to enter.... http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/showthread.php?26747-SFBC-Derby-2014

$25 Entry Fee Per Person

Entry fee payable to LRES (Little River Enhancement Society)
Mail to:
SFBC Salmon Derby
Unit 6-2401 Cliffe Ave.
Box #113
Courtenay, BC
V9N2L5

Please include name(s) (forum name and real name(s), age of children entered, email address and phone number(s). Email confirmation will be sent out once entry is received. Personal information will be kept confidential and will be destroyed October 2014.

Arrangements can be made, and help is available if you find getting your entry in is to difficult.

So far 4 of our tuna junkies have offered up a few samples to be enjoyed at the wrap up party on Sept 27th... If you'd like to donate I am going to try and arrange a drop of location in Bamfield during the tuna derby which ends the weekend before the 2014 SFBC Salmon Derby wrap up BBQ. Waiting on a reply from tuna derby organizers. If anyone has a contact please PM me the info or direct them my way.

I've sent multiple messages agreeing to help and confirmed you have received them. Not interested in playing anymore games though, we will be retracting our support. Good luck.

I've sent multiple messages agreeing to help and confirmed you have received them. Not interested in playing anymore games though, we will be retracting our support. Good luck.

Hey Kelly, I apologise for the misunderstanding, as I cannot find your messages anywhere. Maybe I deleted them by mistake. If you still want to throw your support behind this worthy cause you can reach me through the derby email address at and I will make sure to follow up with you.

Ok ...let's take a breather here folks :)
Kelly I don't think Fish Assassin was being disrespectful bud. He's got a load on his hands, I'm sure you know exactly what it's like. Logistics are multiple.
I know what it's like to get inundated with pm's and emails and sometimes a message just gets overlooked. I personally am guilty of this as pm boxes get emptied or emails get buried. This scenario is quite possible. Whether you 2 have a preceding pissing match going ...I have no idea but, let's get back on track, start again...
Kelly meet Fish Assassin. Fish Assassin meet Kelly ...shake hands ...perfect :) Now just stay on your own side of the boat for a bit...
Not just to you 2 but to everyone:
These derbies that WE at SFBC organize make a big difference in the causes that we support. Not only the funds raised but also the awareness brought to each.
For instance, I didn't know much, if anything, about the Little River until this derby supported it.
Also, the Tuna Shootout with plans for a rearing pen in PA and the safety awareness that is tantamount to it's success. That's awesome stuff guys!
I'd like to think that members of SFBC can hold their heads high because of the great things that are accomplished when we at SFBC put our heads together, differences aside, target in the crosshairs.
Keep up the good work you guys. I support both of you.

I hear there is more coming. This derby, prize wise, is absolutely outstanding!!! :).

I think the wrap up will be awesome. Myself and others will be donating tuna steaks for the barbeque. Nanaimo isn't called the Hub City for nothing lol :D.

I really look forward to meeting all kinds of folks, from all over, at the wrap up party. Totally awesome prizes to be won:cool:.

Cheers,
John

Excellent!
I'll make 5 gallons of Candy Salmon Chowder for the occasion as well Fish Assassin.

Just received a email from Harbour Chandler........On Sept.27th the day of our wrap up party in Nanaimo, Harbour Chandler is offering a 20% discount on all regular priced items in store to participants of the 2014 SFBC Salmon Derby.

That will be 3 days prior to my 40th.... Maybe I'll have to buy myself a present

Back