Some good tides coming up,mid to the end of the week,
But it's supposed to get windy starting Thursday:(:(

hope to get out there with you anyway:D

Rum Chum

Some good tides coming up,mid to the end of the week,
But it's supposed to get windy starting Thursday:(:(

hope to get out there with you anyway:D

Rum Chum

Kudos, from across the pond, to your SFAB board for holding the line at the IPHC meeting and keeping your quota up. Your commissioners Gary Robinson and Larry Johnson told them that until US deals with its bycatch problem that they were not going to accept a huge cut. We took a 15% cut that was supposed to go 20%. Our short lived Strait of Juan de Fuca halibut fishery just tanked as they pegged us with double over our poundage last season. We have our meeting this Wednesday to see where we are 2 weeks or 4 for our inner season. From months to weeks, just like our ocean halibut and shrimp fishery have gone to a few days a year each.

Nice job!I will be looking for some help from them next year for our season setting.

Kudos, from across the pond, to your SFAB board for holding the line at the IPHC meeting and keeping your quota up. Your commissioners Gary Robinson and Larry Johnson told them that until US deals with its bycatch problem that they were not going to accept a huge cut. We took a 15% cut that was supposed to go 20%. Our short lived Strait of Juan de Fuca halibut fishery just tanked as they pegged us with double over our poundage last season. We have our meeting this Wednesday to see where we are 2 weeks or 4 for our inner season. From months to weeks, just like our ocean halibut and shrimp fishery have gone to a few days a year each.

Nice job!I will be looking for some help from them next year for our season setting.

If you take a good look at the fish Humpy you will notice a cut at the back of the head that goes right to the spine.

Making this cut and the cut at the tail (then snapping the spine) bleeds the fish more effectively than anything else and empties its lifeforce quickly.

When you fillet your fish there is no blood. As long as you have cleaned all the slime off the outside of the fish you do not need to rinse it. Makes for a better freeze IMO.

Inshore Barcley Sound halibut. Clean and full of mature herring.

Gimee the gaff!!!

oh yea, there should be herring around! Man Im really lookin forward to gettin out!

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Good lookin stuff boys.. Looks like a few are off to a good start.. best of luck to all of you,, and keep the pics rolling..

IMG_1021-1.jpg

Without giving all the secrets away gents...whats the best bait/hooch for Halie and any recommendation on locations. I launch out of James Bay or Ranch Point but have only been salmon fishing.

Cheers

East end of constance or albert hd 200ft of water or deeper.I've been geting them on just about everything.

Cmon Scott your calling that a 90 lber I thought you were only 5 ft 4???? LOL

Wolf

Back