Hali opener

Tried to go too oakbay saturday ouch had turnaround at trial wow big waves not nice went to the west end for three great long drifts two hits boated one hally turned a bad start to a good one .I also heard big springs in wirld bay teenburgs, maybe next time will go for springs out west.

was out off Trial yesterday a little lumpy put in a good shift for a couple tennis rackets.

out today boated one nice one should be in the 60's buddy is weighing it in right now

Snuck out for a 2 hour fish off Oakbay on a buddy's boat
and landed twins about 30lbs, and lost another...
wind sucked this weekend:(

Due to the wind I bailed on Sat. fishing. Woke up Sun and checked bigwave dave and the forecast had changed. I quickly mobilized and managed to get out by Noon. I went to one of bananas spots. I saw him there once and GPS'ed it (even called the waypoint Bananas in respect to its origin). Within 2 hours we had a couple chickens and even beat the rain in.

Out sunday with a buddy from Alberia and a fellow from Sooke. Ran out of Sooke Harbour up to San Simon Point past Jr in about 180' of water. Tagged three chickens between 12 and 15 ibs. Used herring stuffed inside of pink hooches. Interesting all three bellys were full of small crab. Cheers FC

quote:Originally posted by bananas

Dam batteries were dead on the detonator lol.good thing there's haly's everywhere.

Phew! I got lucky this time.

Do you have co-ordinates to waypoint "everywhere"?
[:p]

I see some major ebb tides happening Saturday morning and lasting until noon. Can you still nail hali’s with big tide changes and is it best to be anchored or drifting.
Signed: In search for the barn door

When we fish Hally's during bigger tides we try and get in the lee of some large structure where you get a natural back eddy. (eg.backside of an island)
By doing that you can anchor up quite nicely and get to the bottom with 2 lbs.

If the tide flow is fast, fish the JR area. This weekends tides for the JR area look good (not excellant) if your fishing 1st thing in the morning.

95% of my larger fish are caught when I anchor up and the tide is flowing fast but only fast enough that the 2 lb balls are trolling behind me like I was trolling for salmon. Halis like the fast action of the bait.

I'll be fishing JR or past this Fri, Sat, Sun.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

Thanks for the tips. JR must be Jordon River area. I head out from James Bay and have tried areas between Albert Head and the Yellow Can.
Might be better to find a spot behind Trial Island area on the ebb? Cheers

Back