Hali opener

Good one tailspin.On another note haly fishin is still great had a trip yesterday landed 5 fish in just a couple hours herring seemed the ticket east cony.

Home with a cold today, Bananas--looked calm and nice this morning on the slack.
T2

No Rigours

Wow Banannas how much do you charge for a charter :p I have fished Hali in sooke/vic for the past 3 yrs and have had 5 fish total on my line.

fishflyguy keep at it way back when my first few years haly fishin around here were very dry as well.Keep trying new spots and you'll figure it out just don't over think them they will eat anything just gota find them.

Looks like it's going to blow SE over the weekend. If I'm reading it right there might be a good tide-window late morning to late afternoon both days.

Really itching to get out and nail my first flattie!

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

Dont think your reading that right..LW
be carefull if you do go.

Good luck Wolf

Haven't had a chance to pick up my new Murray's tables for this year. Anyone know if there's decent tides this weekend, off Oak Bay to Constance?

people have said large halibut returning from their spawn dont feed as heavily for some time (spawn-mar-may).

Fished JR Sat March 6 for Halis. We landed 3 and the biggest was 35lb. Two other vessel near us landed 5 halis and the biggest was 70+- lb.

Lot of action and only two dog fish for us in a 5 hour period.

Hopefully the halis are heading towards Vic so it's not so far of a run.

Let's Go Fishing!
Doug
D&D Fishing Charters

Back