2013 Vancouver, Howe Sound and Sunshine Coast Fishing Reports Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good link, thanks. Have you found them reasonably accurate?

I tried using windfinder a couple of times but they always seemed to report winds lighter than what I encountered. I've seen Environment Canada with strong wind warnings up and it's been like glass out there. I don't ignore them though especially if I'm on the other side, I would rather head back or stay close than get caught. Lately, big wave dave and ec for me but I'll try this one too.

Way more accurate than EC, I find anyway ..

I was planning on heading out this afternoon. Weather is now not looking all that agreeable. If anyone is heading out of Steveston to Sandheads / T10 can you please provide a weather report? My boat doesn't handle the slop too well so I won't be going if it's too nasty. Cheers, tincan

I was planning on heading out this afternoon. Weather is now not looking all that agreeable. If anyone is heading out of Steveston to Sandheads / T10 can you please provide a weather report? My boat doesn't handle the slop too well so I won't be going if it's too nasty. Cheers, tincan

If your boat doesn't handle heavy chop then today would not be a good day to go. Strong south east winds this afternoon will make it lumpy around sandheads.

We were out on Tuesday and winds had been predicted as 15 southeast and ended up flat calm. The Sandheads breakwater makes for pretty calm water when the winds are from southeast. If worried always safer to launch from MacDonald as the Sandheads can eat up small boats getting out around the breakwater if the winds and tides all align right. Did see a guy burning around in a 14 foot aluminum.

Fished the bell yesterday and had a great mimage.jpgorning from first light till 09:00 managed one nice hatchery coho over 8lbs then caught up with a freight train that was tight to net by myself especially with an 9' leader. Coho at 57 on a white hootchie and the white spring at 75 on a big herring that I died blue when I last brined... Wondered if the colour would make a difference? I was happy with the result.... image.jpg

Great looking fish Kinger! nice work. I think a lot of people were scared off the water yesterday with the high wind forecasts (Strong wind warning of up ton 25 knots from Enviro Canada). I hear several charter boats cancelled their trips yesterday as well. The few that were out there did well and said is was very nice weather so goes to show you the forecasts can be way off. Sucks as I wanted to head out but the forecast scared me too :(

Was at sandheads during the week, high tide was mainly pinks I tried to fish further out but they were everywhere, still managed one spring during the 20+ pinks. I even switched to plugs but they still hit.
The next day I fished bell buoy with less pinks, a spring and a few coho with one hatchery on green speckle hootchy.

Sorry maybe I meant the north arm, is that QA, T 10, my chart is in my boat and not at home!

Was at sandheads during the week, high tide was mainly pinks I tried to fish further out but they were everywhere, still managed one spring during the 20+ pinks. I even switched to plugs but they still hit.
The next day I fished bell buoy with less pinks, a spring and a few coho with one hatchery on green speckle hootchy.

Thanks, I'll give a report if I head out Sunday a.m.

I'm relatively new to fishing, but got a great kick start from a fishing course with Jason at Pacific Angler. In fact, first time out at Sandheads a couple of days ago I caught this 40 lb white spring - wow! a fish of a lifetime Smiley.jpg
Took my dad out yesterday and got a couple of wild coho (released), a couple of good strikes and a few shakers.
Loving being on the water

I was out at Sandheads yesterday, lots of fish, they hit in waves. Boated a few springs and pinks. Lost several springs due to a rookie on our boat and hooksets were aweful (sorry dad:).

DSCN0215.jpg

I'm relatively new to fishing, but got a great kick start from a fishing course with Jason at Pacific Angler. In fact, first time out at Sandheads a couple of days ago I caught this 40 lb white spring - wow! a fish of a lifetime View attachment 8794
Took my dad out yesterday and got a couple of wild coho (released), a couple of good strikes and a few shakers.
Loving being on the water
Well done DeRomer!
What setup did the big Tyee take?

Fished from about 7:30 to 1. Started at the t10 then finished up trolling most of the way back to the north arm. Nothing but shakers and lots of them for us. Had to give up on bait. I wonder if the rain got the fish moving up the river. Sure wasn't like it's been, for us anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back