Winter spring fishing on fire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright codfish will be there between 6:30-7:00 going to leave nanaimo around 4:30 so that should leave us in good shape. I would imagine the ramp doesn't get to busy this time of year. Salty and I will be roll'in a dark green ford half ton and a 20 foot white welded alumi with 150 suzuki on the back. Will see you there.

hey craven what kind of boat are you in i will keep my eye out for ya. or give me a call on 72 call sign is wildboy.

I'll be in a 16' K&C with a honda outboard
she's called the "C-Raven"
I'll try and drag my son out of bed to join me,
but that will be tough !

gotta work tomorrow , wont make it out , good luck guys ,

remember go green

coyote green and chrome was very hot last week in Beecher bay
120 ft

i was headed to the bay again as its a very cheep trip

it bet it was 5 bucks gas or less

again good luck
hope to meet some of you soon

tubbed

Wow, what an insane fishery !:)
Launched at Cheanuh this morning at 9:00am
and had the first fish on before the 2nd rod was down.

Stopped counting after about 15 fish including 4 double headers
fishing by myself. they lacked size (4-6lbs) but i've never seen
such numbers of agressive feeders.
Purple haze and glo/green both working well

Any other reports ?

I was out there also this morning out of cheanuh . Lots of fish, mostly barely legal but I managed to land a couple of larger ones along the bedfords. A little rough first thing then nice and calm. What a great morning.

ICY! coming in, I was slipping and sliding all over coming down Happy Valley.

It was ridiculous out of Sooke today. We fished from 7:45 till 12:30 and released over 40 2-4 lb feeders. U couldn't keep the little bastards off your lines. We experimented with dozens of combo's to try and attract bigger fish.
It was non stop double header mayhem, with these pesky little ones.
We ended up keeping 3 around 6lbs.
I hope the mortality rate was low today:(
Jason

Finaly I will be heading to the Bluffs Sat subj to weather conditions. I will be using 6 in Tomic and herring strip,
Booter 11 is the boat,channel 72

Otter,
Curious to see how you made out today if the big tomics and strip out produced the hootchies .What a big area of fish there was today. Seemed like they were everywhere!!!!!
Cheers Codfish[8D]

Correction, I meant tomorrow being Sunday I hope to get out. Hopefully I can report good results.

Sunday 0710 hr,dosent look good for Sooke waters, Gale warning, We will see, Im only 55 seconds from driving to and launching at Jocks. Could be watching NFL all day.

Yup lots of fish .only one taken home. We were useing lighter rods so some of the 5lbers seemed pretty big only to laught when they got to the boat. spoons with no flashers for most of the day.
fun drive home to nanaimo in the snow.

I dunno i gotta say if you are catching that many undersized fish and only a small chance of anything of decent size then you are essentially fishing for undersized fish.

In my opinion subjecting that many undersized fish to all that stress is just not worth it. Just think of how many undersized fish will eventually die just from members on this board.

I read one report of over 40 undersized fish caught, I don't know what the percentage might be, but a number of those fish will certainly die.

Keep in mind this is only my 2 cents, many probably have a different opinion but it seems wasteful to me.

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

I dunno i gotta say if you are catching that many undersized fish and only a small chance of anything of decent size then you are essentially fishing for undersized fish.

In my opinion subjecting that many undersized fish to all that stress is just not worth it. Just think of how many undersized fish will eventually die just from members on this board.

I read one report of over 40 undersized fish caught, I don't know what the percentage might be, but a number of those fish will certainly die.

Keep in mind this is only my 2 cents, many probably have a different opinion but it seems wasteful to me.

It could be viewed as wasteful, but where do u draw the line.
You head out in the morning to catch a fish for consumption (oh wait u can buy fish at a store so why even bother[?]).
U catch 5 undersize fish right off the bat, do u head in?
U catch 10 more, do u head in?
U catch 10 more + 1 nice legal, so now u have 1 fish to eat between 2 families, do u head in?(Oh wait your not fishing for food anyways cause u can buy fish[xx(]).
So when do u decide that what your doing is wasteful?
Many believe the native fishery is wasteful, along with the byproduct catch from commercial boats.
How about charters, does their economic benefit justify them catching limits of fish for non Canadian residents?
Maybe we should start culling seals in local waters to help alleviate the drain on our fishery.
I appreciate your opinion but come up with a better argument on what's wasteful and what's not.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back