Winter spring fishing on fire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are killing me, I'm 2 weeks away from finishing the new house and then im going to Fish and prawn my butt off! And maybe even do a charter or two.

Start at the flagpole just off the marina at around 120 feet and your safe to bounce bottom all the way to Wolf Island. It gets pretty rocky past that as you head towards aldridge Pt unless you go real deep. It is starting to get pretty crowded in the bay[xx(] and makes tacking around commercial crab traps difficult. Pedder Bay is a good spot as well, It's less crowded, if its to windy to fish whirl or the Bluffs.

thats the site you were trying to push yesterday ,that site blows.

thats the site you were trying to push yesterday ,that site blows.

The wife and I trolled around Tent Is this morning. Really nice break in the weather.
But no fish. Some serious bait fish action tho (both on the sounder and watching all the smaller gulls), which is promising.
Might go out again tomorrow.

The wife and I trolled around Tent Is this morning. Really nice break in the weather.
But no fish. Some serious bait fish action tho (both on the sounder and watching all the smaller gulls), which is promising.

quote:Originally posted by Eric

did you drop the prawn traps if so how did you do

quote:Originally posted by Eric

did you drop the prawn traps if so how did you do

Nope, they're closed til Dec 1st. Right? .....
Did drop the crab trap down at 100' and caught one big old guy that we released. He has barnacles, even a sea anenome on his shell! He looked awful.

Nope, they're closed til Dec 1st. Right? .....
Did drop the crab trap down at 100' and caught one big old guy that we released. He has barnacles, even a sea anenome on his shell! He looked awful.

hey salty looks like were in for some good fishing this weekend i guess we have to break in those two new fenwicks you bought. maybe if we play our cards right we will be able fish along with codfish or at least get pointed in the right dirrection. Maybe i will grab a couple reels off of my boat so we dont have to worry about line. Because next weekend is back to trout fishing.

hey salty looks like were in for some good fishing this weekend i guess we have to break in those two new fenwicks you bought. maybe if we play our cards right we will be able fish along with codfish or at least get pointed in the right dirrection. Maybe i will grab a couple reels off of my boat so we dont have to worry about line. Because next weekend is back to trout fishing.

hooked 16 fish today.....bedfords to creyke point...125,140,165...fish seem to be out...lots of crap in the bay...5-11 lbs....green glow spoon was the hot one

hooked 16 fish today.....bedfords to creyke point...125,140,165...fish seem to be out...lots of crap in the bay...5-11 lbs....green glow spoon was the hot one

good job siwash 16 fish thats awesome, best day i have ever had would be about half that. Looking foward to fishing sooke for the first time on saturday. Is it worth my while taking any bait out with me or is that uncalled for? I have lots of hootchies and spoons of all colors. Does leader length have any factor or are these suckers just plain old hungry for anything. what did you mean the fish seemed to be out?

good job siwash 16 fish thats awesome, best day i have ever had would be about half that. Looking foward to fishing sooke for the first time on saturday. Is it worth my while taking any bait out with me or is that uncalled for? I have lots of hootchies and spoons of all colors. Does leader length have any factor or are these suckers just plain old hungry for anything. what did you mean the fish seemed to be out?

Thanks a ton DrHook. I see that not only are the prawns closed but rock cod are closed too! I am really hating these internet notices. I seem to miss em all and they keep changing them on me.
Time to just troll the lakes I guess. dangit all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back