Winter spring fishing on fire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a ton DrHook. I see that not only are the prawns closed but rock cod are closed too! I am really hating these internet notices. I seem to miss em all and they keep changing them on me.
Time to just troll the lakes I guess. dangit all.

quote:Originally posted by krazyfishingfool

just wondering if anyone on here has tried apex's or plug's out in the sooke area for winter spring fishing at this time of year???
On occasion when I am looking for bigger ones I have, not this year yet, but previously, they do work. Problem is, they do't look like the usual bait, but they are too big for the ilttle shakers. As far as an Apex, no, but I don't see why they wouldn't. Winters are NOT choosy,

quote:Originally posted by krazyfishingfool

just wondering if anyone on here has tried apex's or plug's out in the sooke area for winter spring fishing at this time of year???
On occasion when I am looking for bigger ones I have, not this year yet, but previously, they do work. Problem is, they do't look like the usual bait, but they are too big for the ilttle shakers. As far as an Apex, no, but I don't see why they wouldn't. Winters are NOT choosy,

yeah take bait...because the bait doesn't last as long when fishing deep i like to fish till i hit a pocket of fish and then put down bait for a while to see if i can coax a big one, when the bight slows down I'll usually switch back to plastic/spoon.....leader length is definately important, as with hootchies the amount of leader and diameter of line determines how much action the flasher puts on the lure...so i am pretty firm on short leaders for winter fish....the fish don't seam to be holding near structure is what i meant I know of a few people doing well at the tide lines, i was doing well in 200-300' of water in becher bay......
quote:Originally posted by wetbeaver

good job siwash 16 fish thats awesome, best day i have ever had would be about half that. Looking foward to fishing sooke for the first time on saturday. Is it worth my while taking any bait out with me or is that uncalled for? I have lots of hootchies and spoons of all colors. Does leader length have any factor or are these suckers just plain old hungry for anything. what did you mean the fish seemed to be out?

thanx for the info siwash i always fish a shorter leader for the winters as well, about 27-34 inches for the hootchies and just a tad longer for the spoons. are you going out this weekend at all? the weather report looks to be good. I will be launching at jocks on saturday morning.

The fishing was crazy today. I took my son Dylan out who is 7 years old and in two hours we'd played tonnes of fish all between 6-9 pounds on hootchies glow and purple haze. Small window of nice weather today, we lucked out![8D]
Cheers Codfish
See you on Saturday!

quote:Originally posted by maddog

Thanks for rubbing it in Dave! I can't wait to get out.
Tell me about it, Dave always has to phone me after I get home from work to tell me how great fishing was[}:)]
We better find them Saturday or he's getting keel hauled[xx(]:D

Just Brutal Yak, It's bad enough listening to his Bro rub it in about the Reel Addiction being back at the dock by 1100 with limits all summer long in Uci. Screw this house building ****, Boats goin back in to dust the cob webs off, Ol lady will never know![:0] Hope it does'nt Sn*************ow!

hey salty do you just want to pick the boat up after work at like 5:30-6:00 and tow it to your house or even drop it off at mine. That will save the trip into town at 9:00. that way you can see what is on there for gear. yeah and maybe you can wash her as well shes a little dirty:D

does anybody have a marine forecast for the sooke area for tommorow
november 25?

Wetbeaver go to BigWaveDave forecast for sooke is at top of page in center.Go to Gordon beach info its just past Otter Point so its pretty close.Also check out web cam 1 and 2 its pointed at Gordons Beach and Sheringham Point.Saved me a couple of times. DAN

yeh who knows we might be outta there by that time anyways. Looks excellent in the morning though, and thats the time to be there anyways. we'll play it by ear[^]

Just wondering if anybody will be launching at jocks in the morning, wouldn't mind going out with another boat if anyone is up for it. Salty and i will be there first light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back