winter harbour reports???????

M

mikevv

Heading to Winter Harbour next week. Any reports?
Thanks
Mike

A lot of fish are starting to gather near stream mouths.You can still take them out in the sound though.Right now they could be almost anywhere.Trolling a green flasher with a green and white hoochie,mabye sweetened with an anchovy,at 35 or so feet should work at cliffe point or the lighthouse.Then work your way further in till you find them.Don't forget to have a buzz bomb ready.

huh?

Fished Cliffe Point yesterday. Four nice coho 9 - 15 pounds. No sniff of springs last few days but got one mid teens on Thursday. Also got a 19 and 17 pound coho that day. I am hitting the coho at 55 and 65 feet. You can also troll off Quatsino village are on the ebb tide. The water yesterday was a lot cleaner yesterday than previously (a fair bit of rain on Saturday). I could see the flasher through 20 feet rather than 2 or 3.

Lots of fish Jumping in Rupert Inlet off of Wauk Waus River but friends say hard to catch.

Kopino Harbour is good for big coho if you get blown off the point. :)

DJ

Just remember the spring closure inside Quatsino, from Cliffe Pt in.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Thanks folks, we are going to be fishing in front of Grants bay and then out on the highway, if the wind is ok. If not then at Cliffs and around the corner for coho. Any word on springs out in the deep water?
Thanks
Mike

Talked a guy from work who fished it on Sunday. No springs, a few coho, but with the cool temps and rain, a lot of fish were sucked into their home rivers. They fished Cliffe Pt and the Lighthouse. One guy caught 12 springs while trying to catch one coho in the Marble area.[:0]

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Lots of big coho on the surface right now.yesterday I caught a 14 pounder and an 18 pound lingcod.Everybody else nailed a couple too.

huh?

Just got back from 2 weeks, never caught so many salmon! Only caught one keeper Spring (28 lbs), the rest were Coho. Coho taking it deep and shallow, had Coho biting at the boat on the retrieve and even caught one trolling with a buzz bomb just below the surface. Cliff Point was still producing, but it slowed down with more fish being caught inside. Used green flasher and army green hootchies, sometimes an Apex and of course, the buzz bomb. Was sorry to leave because weather was just starting to smarten up.[8D]

Any new reports? Coho? Halibut? My brother is heading up next week and is looking for an update.

Thanks

SWC

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Fished it last Thursday. Coho were jumping like crazy. Lots of them in front of Kaprino and other creek mouths, waiting for the rains to come, which they did today.

We fished Mahata, Kaprino and the outside for one strike. Tried jigging, bucktailing and everything in my box on the downriggers, only strike on a blue/green cuttlefish and green flasher. Saw one small fish caught for 8 boats in 4 hours of fishing in front of Kaprino.

Was pretty neat to see all the BIG coho around though. Lots of fish in the teens were jumping. Had a guy from Ontario out and he was ebjoying the show, even though we did not catch anything.

Good luck to who ever is heading up, if the rains stick around a lot of fish will be going up the creeks.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Back