Ukee places to stay

BDog Fisher

Any recommendations for places to stay in Ukee next summer? Looking for something close to the harbour master marina.

Considering Westcoast Motel, good bang for the buck but heard it is 40 plus years old. Thoughts?

Thanks

B

Wcm is the basic super budget choice. Nothing really wrong with it but it isn't perfect. If you just want a cheap place to sleep and aren't picky this is option 1.
Island West is a dump so I'd avoid that.
Th Bayshore is right there and those are suites. Nicer than wcm or Whales Tail but not fancy.
The old Canadian Princess Resort is there too. Nicer rooms than the wcm for sure and a step up in price.
If you don't mind spending some cash a airbnb at the Moorage is the best option that's right at the dock. Not many units available there so get one now. I put some groups in there during the season. Dollar around $500-600 for those.

last time we stayed at West Coast Motel the rooms were clean and quiet but the mattress felt like it was made out of sacks of potatoes.

And island west is definitely a dive. Still, beds were comfortable and what we paid to stay there included moorage and freezer space for less than just a room anywhere else In town.

Last trip we stayed at Ukee campground in our truck camper. It was ok but It would be my last resort as too many people wandering around at all hours of the night and day and always a long line up for the showers.

Last edited:
Stayed at Canadian Princess this year and it was nice. King and 2 queens for about $400 per night if I recall. We had 4 people so seemed reasonable.

Back