Pender Harbour or Egmont

Sttr

Crew Member
My wife booked a romantic trip to Pender harbour for next week so I’m bringing a boat.
My first thought is to fish Egmont for the first time however I’m curious if the the Pender harbour area is holding some fish. We stayed at Pender Harbour a month ago and guys were doing very well for coho outside Pender harbour.
Any go to spots outside Pender harbour? Or just find some bait and stay on top of it? Or forget pender harbour and zip up to egmont?!

Check my post out into the secret cove reports on egmont but it has slowed right down. No need to rip up there the pender harbor walls or if you're feeling like a boat ride rip across the straits to the Pilings off texada. Epsom is not my favorite spot to fish but it is on fire for the past week. You have a ton of opportunities really close by...if it was me, I'd stick around pender harbor and work the wall towards egmont in the channel or just outside the harbor. For sure, hodgeson islands at the outer entrance to PH can be hot too.

BTW, I've fished egmont a bunch over the years and it is not hard to fish there past the egmont point and through killiam Bay...

BTW x 2...egmont is the place to be April to mid June it's an amazing place and some awesome spring opportunities.

Last edited:
Egmont for the pub and for the bakery!

Agreed.

Live music on Saturdays at the Backeddy, and the fishing is right out front. I’ve been getting fish there every weekend for a while now. Also, Epsom has been great. I’d say Egmont is better if you have a smaller boat.
If it’s blowing in the straight and Epsom is unfishable, I go up to Egmont and get ‘em there.

Attachments

• IMG_8882.jpeg
    IMG_8882.jpeg
    227.9 KB · Views: 40
Check my post out into the secret cove reports on egmont but it has slowed right down. No need to rip up there the pender harbor walls or if you're feeling like a boat ride rip across the straits to the Pilings off texada. Epsom is not my favorite spot to fish but it is on fire for the past week. You have a ton of opportunities really close by...if it was me, I'd stick around pender harbor and work the wall towards egmont in the channel or just outside the harbor. For sure, hodgeson islands at the outer entrance to PH can be hot too.

BTW, I've fished egmont a bunch over the years and it is not hard to fish there past the egmont point and through killiam Bay...

BTW x 2...egmont is the place to be April to mid June it's an amazing place and some awesome spring opportunities.
Yes I always try and read your fishing and weather reports, very informative, thanks

I love Egmont. Used to rent a cabin every year and go bottom fishing and oyster picking before the regs got so tight. Thinking of going the 1st week of August. Is it worth targeting salmon by then, or is everything pretty much done there?

Yes I always try and read your fishing and weather reports, very informative, thanks

Are you boating up? I'd be all about you guys following us around but my awesome adventures in IOs have taken a turn as rhe pig tail harness for my Hp fuel pump frayed and is shorting out on the pump body. New pump(s) will be here Friday/ Saturday so I hope to be back at it Saturday night after I swap the pump out. It's dead easy so I'm sure something awesome will happen like a critical clip landing in the bilge hahaha...PM if you have any other questions at all.

Btw, the restaurant at the Upper Deck in secret cove is amazing, if you can snag a res definitely do it. You can boat and tie up on the fuel dock when you go in for dinner there too.

Are you boating up? I'd be all about you guys following us around but my awesome adventures in IOs have taken a turn as rhe pig tail harness for my Hp fuel pump frayed and is shorting out on the pump body. New pump(s) will be here Friday/ Saturday so I hope to be back at it Saturday night after I swap the pump out. It's dead easy so I'm sure something awesome will happen like a critical clip landing in the bilge hahaha...PM if you have any other questions at all.

Btw, the restaurant at the Upper Deck in secret cove is amazing, if you can snag a res definitely do it. You can boat and tie up on the fuel dock when you go in for dinner there too.
Ya, I’m in a 25 kingfisher…. Dreaming about my commander. Will try to head south hopefully tomorrow if the wind eases up, until then will try egmont, no livies , just trolling around no man’s land.

You can definitely fish around the entrance to Pender Harbor / Hodgson islands. It's blowing pretty good NW today suits likely lumpy out off epsom and texada. If you go to egmont try and catch the tide + / - 2 hours ideally slack flood but those tides today should be pretty decent up there if that's were you head towards

Back