WHO TO TAKE FISHIN..?

I took my buddies boat out with him when I was up early, at his dock, had all the gear and the beer, and couldn’t roust him......

My wife is my fishing partner, she got me hooked on fishing. Fishing is a family affair for us, our 8 year old pretty much grew up on our boat. Wife can do most things I can, I clean the Gish she fillets them. The boy now now starting to do lots also. We have a one year old daughter now and the wife is actually liking to just stay home more. Will be the boy and I mostly now for a bit.
I have a really good friend who I actually met through our marina many years ago and we do a few trips a year together and have had done truly epic adventures so I always look forward to that. Now I think we’ll be doing them with kids.

I have one buddy I fish with most of the time. He’s not experienced, but he’s a good fella, always trying to pay for the outing and he’s good company. He’s handy with a net now, can play a fish decently. And man, when he heads home with his catch from the day, he’s so appreciative. It brings me joy to see him have a great day.
We’d like to fish together now, but I’m following the requests of our provincial health officer. I think by August when it’s go time for Springs, we’ll have plenty of opportunity to fish when things are back to “normal”. Until then, it’s solo or me or maybe bring my kid.

Yes it seems like guides are starting to get ready for a summer season.

Some signs of things being good to go by June

My son is the favorite person to fish with, him and I click, we know exactly what the other is doing, thinking, and he has more experience on the water in real life (he's a commercial skipper) situations than anyone i know....plus he's my son!
Second and for most trips is my wife, she's a real trouper, even off shore.
We love weekends away up in desolation sound, over on WCVI , or day trips locally.

Missing the father sons trips rite now, but they will come soon.
He's bought a house in Port Alberni, look for us out Bamfield way when all this virus crap is over

I am really fortunate I started fishing years ago with my dad in Port and family tradition has progressed to today's partners of my wife and/or sons. All of them are great to fish wish, can operate every aspect from launching through cleaning, and most importantly, understand the adage that a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Some of our best family memories have come from trips up and down the island.

Back