Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

Are you talking 7:30 - 8pm? I was out there on Vic side of Albert head in a blue boat. I saw the tug and logs I was trolling for salmon though and he did not come close. As for the fishing not a sniff.

No, this was around 6 pm just on the far side of Albert Head and the blue hulled boat was anchlored for halibut--he
had to pull his anchor to get out of the way of the tug and tow.
T2

we dropped 3 crab traps in the inner harbour this morning around 7:30 am then headed out to constance bank,,a bit choppy on the way out,but not too bad,,trolled around for salmon till 9:30 then put the anchor down in our honey hole,but drifted about 1/2 mile due to the wind that was picking up,,fished for hali's in a pretyy ****** chop,it's not fun fishing like that,,might as well went to work,,picked up the anchour at 1:30 as it was starting to get even rougher for my 181/2 foot boat,on the way in we stopped in the mud hole over by the yellow can bouy and drifted around for about 45 minutes and still nothing,,went to pick up the crab traps and got one stinken dungy keeper,,,over all a pretty ****** day,,better times to come,,

Me and a buddy went out on Monday. Out to the 5 mile reef straight out of pedder bay. Anchoured and gear down by
6:00 AM. Stuck it out till 10:30 without a sniff. Pulled up and ran in tight off William Head reef. Dropped one rod,set it
in the holder and proceeded to get the next one down and bang!!,the first one goes off right away. Must of dropped it
right on his head.A nice chicken about 25lbs. Herring with Pro-Cure Butt Juice injection. Sat there till 2:30 with no more
action. Beauty day though. Water was "**** on a plate".

I scratched Monday evening for salmon. Wanting to try again tomorrow. When do you think the good Hali time is tomorrow? Current table looks like 11-1 tide table looks like 7-10 ish. I have not looked at my Murray tables yet. I find the tide/current guide sometimes misleads me and I think it will slow down at a time it does not. I plan to try for salmon and hali if I get the chance.

Looking at current table, low slack is around 11:00am , I think i would rely on this more than the tide table.
good luck !

No love for me today. Forgot the spreader bars surprisingly not too many tangles without them. Tried for salmon too only saw 2 caught.

averaged a fish every hour or so yesterday afternoon, 6, 11, and 12 lbs all hatchery all off the bottom in oak bay. fished from 3 to 7pm. UV plastics

Thanks for the update
Sooke has some nice size fish 120 to 80 and 40 to 70 the head has some good fish first thing in the morning the trap had go fish too but two boats gave up to seals one fish 35 plus to the seal

Out for night bite on the waterfront last night, put in 3 hours, nothing. Got back in to Flemming and met the creel survey guy he said he only saw one fish come in. Apparently it was a big one from Albert Head area. Pretty slow right now.

Cheers
Rich

Fishing has been great in Oak Bay. First trip of the year was June 16th, Went out for 2 hours just to test the boat and all the gear for the summer fishing season. Bang was I surprised. 4 Fish on, all hatchery. Kept 2, lost one to a seal. Next trip out June 19th, Got 5 fish, Kept 4, two hatch, two wild. again in about 2 hours of fishing. Not huge for size all about 6-12 lbs but man what action. Nice to see Oak Bay producing some fish. Its probably the fastest I have ever got fish and limited out in two trips in Oak Bay ever. I have been fishing there for 32 years. I have to say I was quite impressed with the action. Will be heading to Sooke and Port Renfrew soon when weather and tides are good.

Was Kayak fishing yesterday at Ten mile point, saw millons of bait fish over there, loads of sea birds, with full mouth of silver fish diving out of water(needle? or anchovy?)

And bump, two huge fish jumping out 10 meter from my kayak, maybe they are chased by seal? who knows, but it's exciting to see them, I don't know what species they are, I guess they are Spring

anyway, jigging for 2 hr right beside the light house, only greenlings...

that's great news about Oak Bay!! Glad to hear it. Hopefully get out there this weekend if wind isn't too bad.

What depth were you at if you don't mind?

Fishing has been great in Oak Bay. First trip of the year was June 16th, Went out for 2 hours just to test the boat and all the gear for the summer fishing season. Bang was I surprised. 4 Fish on, all hatchery. Kept 2, lost one to a seal. Next trip out June 19th, Got 5 fish, Kept 4, two hatch, two wild. again in about 2 hours of fishing. Not huge for size all about 6-12 lbs but man what action. Nice to see Oak Bay producing some fish. Its probably the fastest I have ever got fish and limited out in two trips in Oak Bay ever. I have been fishing there for 32 years. I have to say I was quite impressed with the action. Will be heading to Sooke and Port Renfrew soon when weather and tides are good.

Back