Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

Was Kayak fishing yesterday at Ten mile point, saw millons of bait fish over there, loads of sea birds, with full mouth of silver fish diving out of water(needle? or anchovy?)

And bump, two huge fish jumping out 10 meter from my kayak,

I like the sounds of this, I will get out and investigate further in the next few days. ;)

Right on the bottom, Bumping right along it, closer to trial Island, but before brodie rock, fishing in about 98-116 ft of water

Very slow for us today, fished the flats from 8:30 till noon
released a very small spring and kept a chicken halibut.
10 boats fishing, never saw a net out ? :(

Nice to hear you got something craven there a few big salmon off the breatwater I guess there just rolling through

Fished OB today 530 thru 1130 today. Kept one abut 8 lbs released a smaller one both on green glow coho killer both between 100 and 120 ft.. Saw you pick up the chicken r.s. , I picked up a dogfish right behind you.

Fished Oak Bay flats with a handful of boats this morning from 8-1130. Slow for the most part and saw one netted. I was about to throw in the towel at 11....vzzzzzzzzzzz!! After a couple really long runs I managed to land a really nice fat hatchery chinook. Weighed 19 pounds, Measured 87cm. On classic nootka flasher and glow hootchie. It was my biggest solo landing ever so I'm pretty stoked. See picture!

AP :D

Attachments

• 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 158
Last edited by a moderator:
Fished Oak Bay flats with a handful of boats this morning from 8-1130. Slow for the most part and saw one netted. I was about to throw in the towel at 11....vzzzzzzzzzzz!! After a couple really long runs I managed to land a really nice fat hatchery chinook. Weighed 19 pounds, Measured 87cm. On classic nootka flasher and glow hootchie. It was my biggest solo landing ever so I'm pretty stoked. See picture!

AP :D

Nice work AP. Good first post. I should have woke up early and went with ya. We had a couple soft bites and neither stuck over in the Pedder Bay area. Then the horizontal rain and wind told us to take off. Still amazed that you can launch at Cattle solo. Doubt I'd try that in my Arima. Congrats on the solo net job too.

Nice fish! That'll keep you coming back to the flats. Good to see them coming in. I'm gonna hit the next wave early off Pedder on their way in with the tide tomorrow.

just talked to my buddy a while ago. He had 15 pound spring in the box yesterday somewhere outside Waterfront on a bait.

went out sat from 10-1 for the first time this yr. caught a nice 12 lber off OB and let er go. green betsy flasher and green/nickel spoon at 85ft. hopefully gt back out soon

Fished out of Esquimalt this morning. Being the bonehead I am, I forgot my sounder on the dining room table as I was heading out the door so I have no clue what was around for fish or bait. Depsite that, I picked up a 12ish pounder at the breakwater on anchovy. No other fish caught that I saw although one fella mentioned he had lost one earlier just before the one I picked up. I put in a 5 hour shift and that was the only touch I had so it was far from stellar... but I didn't expect it to be. It was a day off work and what better thing to do than drag around an anchovy?

Fished Constance this morning from 7 till 11, got 2 hits, one right to the boat before it spat the hook, the other made a fine meal for the F$@%ing seal.. again, 4th one lost this year to a seal at constance. We Got both right on the bottem with a small cop car spoon. Tried Brochie after that till 3 or so, not a thing. Will be giving Sooke a try next week.

Cheers
Rich

Sookes great ,bait at .60 to. 80 feet Goodluck boomer
Fished Sooke yesterday....the whales came thru around 6am..did get one arouond 15 before the whales came thru, but nothing after that.
I hear Renfrew is still hot...but just like always, that can change quickly. It's day to day, but certainly has been a good early start to the season, with mostly 10 to 18 lb hatchery fish.

Back