Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

When fishing the bank at water front you bottom bounces with squire and spoons 3.5to5 I got hallys and good springs this way.If the guide boats are there ,then it a good to try,and today the guide boats are there mmmmmm

Out for a sunset fish near Trial/Clover for the flood tide tonight. Had a double header. Feeder spring and big pink 6-8lbs each. Small but satisfying. Little buggers had some fight in them. It was dead calm, warm, and except for the seals, we had the place to ourselves. Sunset was awesome. Throw away your TV's and do some evening fishing before summer is gone people.

I agree too, I don't do the evening fishing enough myself. But on monday I got out in the rain (first trip by myself) and picked up a scrappy 12 lbr. I thought for sure it was at least 20 until I finally got it to the boat. What fun!

Salmon seems to have dried up locally, so did a Halibut trip
and got 46 & 25 lbs hallies in short order...
only 1 doggy !:)

Decided to try the waterfront today, took the neighbour out for pinks. I guess it was a good choice from the sounds of Sooke being foggy and boats everywhere. Nice and clear and we had the whole ocean to ourselves. Got 7 pinks between Trial Is and Constance. Funny, haven't caught a sinle Pink this year on a pink lure. They seem to prefer purple haze or green colours.

Picked up a 20lb hali and limited out with crab with Whole in the Water yesterday. Just an amazing dayout there and while cleaning fish at the Fleming Beach Boat Ramp a killer whale came right inside and put on a show. I still can't believe it.

Picked up a 20lb hali and limited out with crab with Whole in the Water yesterday. Just an amazing dayout there and while cleaning fish at the Fleming Beach Boat Ramp a killer whale came right inside and put on a show. I still can't believe it.

Whoa. Any pics? That's crazy.

What time was it at Fleming? I was there at 0700 and 1400, didn't see it. Awesome day on the water, probably best of the year.

What time was it at Fleming? I was there at 0700 and 1400, didn't see it. Awesome day on the water, probably best of the year

It was late afternoon about 5 pm

Thanks C, that's a once in a lifetime event. I've been launching there since the 60's. Never seen that. Seems to me like I'm hearing more and more events like Cougar attacks, Bear attacks and Whale sightings than when I was a kid in some pretty close in areas to Victoria.....and thats a good thing (as in nature is healthy, not the attacks).

saw some orcas having a blast off the breakwater on sunday......which maybe explained why I didn't catch a thing off the breakwater, except a single jack, all sat or sun

Everyone is waiting for your catch report Craven.
I'll be on the Flats at 6 til dark and if its not too bumpy, around between trial and clover. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll probably catch a monster hali now. LOL

Well. Barely any bait showing. Saw a tiny school of salmon on the finder near Trial, but no takers. Nice night on the water. It was calm and a relaxing end to the week. Helped out some boaters on their maiden voyage with a new boat get back on the boat ramp in the dark without crashing.

Back