Victoria Reports - Fall/Winter 2010/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were west of Trial, hooked 9 fish including 2 double headers.
2 around 10lbs , 2 around 7 lbs in the tub.
smoker's going in the rain :eek:

images1.jpg

Made it out for the first time this fall/winter for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Hit 4 but only put one 6 1/2 lber in the boat. Took this photo of a nearby boat into a double header.

Nov282010ScottCraven003cropped.jpg

Hmmm, K&C -- west of Trial (you can tell by the proximity of the smoke from Port Angeles), double header.... nope, nobody we know here.

I don't take more than my limit, i fish with 3 or 4 buddies and we share the fish.
If i had something to hide, i certainly wouldn't be posting it on here. :confused:

It just happened that we had a good weekend, and thought i'd share the info with others
so they could also get in on the fishing when it's good.

I guess i'll quit posting results because it seems to annoy some people. :(

On the contrary Scott. You are a generous and helpful person in your willingness to share both, your catch and what you know with all of us here.

You are a credit to our breed and your obvious love and passion for what you do so well - is infectious.

Personally, I use what you and others post here to help me stay motivated to work hard to overcome my life's-situation that's keeping me off the water.

(Lest we forget: by the hugest of margins, us rec-fishermen pay the most per-pound of fish we eat directly into the local economy.)

My day, my time is coming... and I will certainly look forward to seeing you out there Scott.

hey scott you have lots of support on thisform. i enjoy and learn from your posts please continue them. i hope people have more to do than count the number of fish that you report. keep up the good work.

Fished Oak Bay flats for 2.5 hours this morning and it was good. Kept 2 (~ 9lbs), one little spring went back and one didn't like my boat. All hard on the bottom and remarkably all on a 4 or 5" glow baitbuster. Don't try them often but it got its chance today and I am impressed! Beautiful morning.

Other boats did well off Albert Head from what I heard at the ramp.

Yesterday was good for us as well. Hooked 5 at Constance and landed 2. Lost 3 to seals including one where only the head of the fish was landed. Got tired of feeding the seals so we went back to Esquimalt and landed 2 more in short order. largest was 12 pounds. All on hootchies right on the bottom as usual.

JImbob

Sounds good out there Jimbob! Gonna hit it tomorrow after I take the kids to school so if your out there give me a yell on 6 bud!

thanks for all the fishing reports craven get your salmon now . after x-mas its scrachty for fish, get your smoker going yum yum boomer I caught a 10 ,14 in wirldbay sunday then hooked a big hally try to get my spoon back but to big, butt(5footer) to deal with,broke off new flasher and hot spoon gone, but it sounds like the feed is around the waterfront goodluck boomer

I don't take more than my limit, i fish with 3 or 4 buddies and we share the fish.
If i had something to hide, i certainly wouldn't be posting it on here. :confused:

It just happened that we had a good weekend, and thought i'd share the info with others
so they could also get in on the fishing when it's good.

I guess i'll quit posting results because it seems to annoy some people. :(

Greetings Scott,
Please reconsider your decision to quit posting. Most of us who use this discussion thread
appreciate your efforts as a moderator and source of information. There will always be members
who forward negative comments. Ignore them and keep up the "good work."
Ed Beatty (an infrequent contributor)

Don't worry crave's not retiring from the thread bc Santa on his way & what says merry xmas better than smoke salmon & oh yah a brn. pop. i'm sure santa would luv that instesd of milk en cookies. Fire up the smoker Scott & a merry HoHo to u you & the Family. Cheers Sammy

yes it was I couldnt make as I was too busy butchering them deer but my buddy got 3rd biggest was a teener

Wolf

Don't tell me Wolf was it "Trotac Taylor"
Cheers Sammy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back