Vernon's KingFisher Boats expands boat manufacturing plant

Follow us out Tuna fishing one day we will see how you do.
We fish regularly from Solander up to Scott channel.
Not a lot of 18's in that water.
Very low to water, low center of gravity, very little pitch and roll.
Not a bad ride at all.
Lol compare your 30 300k boat with a 18 glass boat ????

OK OK trash the pour Kingfisher guy.
I'm tough I can take it.
That boat has given me nothing but joy for 15 years. You guys can't bring me down. I'll be out again starting last week of June thru the end of August killing fish and living the dream. If you see me out there stop by for a beer. You can check out my ****** welds.

I'm tough I can take it.
That boat has given me nothing but joy for 15 years. You guys can't bring me down. I'll be out again starting last week of June thru the end of August killing fish and living the dream. If you see me out there stop by for a beer. You can check out my ****** welds.
Not trashing the guy lol just observations, never been on KF boat, all I was saying is for the $ they want for those boat, you would think the welds would be clean. bTW I don’t weld aluminum, metal only and my welds look like bird **** most of the time, but they are solid

I'm tough I can take it.
You and thousands upon thousands of other Kingfisher owners. The Bolton Marine Group have built a boating empire on the back of the Kingfisher brand. Multiple boating manufacturers are shutting down and going broke, yet their plants are expanding, try and get one right now. Yet we are to believe a couple guys on here that seem to know more than the thousands of Kingfisher owners out there. No in this day and age it doesn’t take long for crap to show itself and fall out of favour in the market, yet they continue to build and expand. So I’ll call BS when I see it. I‘ll admit their welds aren’t the prettiest but so what, doesn’t have to be a pretty weld to be a good weld, this I know from a lifetime of being around equipment and welded iron. And I’ll also say it’s BS calling them poorly welded this I know because they are by far the most popular river boat out here, hundreds of those things running around and we treat them like crap, far worse than any open water boat gets treated and I haven’t seen one nor heard of one having a weld let go so yah BS on that.

My God...the most innocuous threads seem to be turning into a complete mess these days. I will attribute it to too much time spent NOT doing the things we love to do, but seriously, these useless debates and inflamed responses used to only occur late at night when peoples inhibitions had been altered in some way. We cleaned a lot of that up by muting the source...how about we get back to being civil in how we present our opinions and responses. Way too many good people on here to have these threads go off track like this.

Thanks,

Brian

I have a Kingfisher jet boat. I had a weld on the transom fail, about a 2” long crack. I took it in to a certified repair centre and was told there have been other transom weld failures. Kingfisher did NOT warranty it.
They now put bracing on the transoms at that exact spot. The fact they knew it was a weak point and would not warranty it does not sit well with me. I probably won’t buy another.

I know of one that the welds failed that hold the cabin to the main hull. There’s no reason for that to happen while using pulsed mig. It does all the work for you and all you have to do is move at the correct speed
It's an 06 and I'v beat the **** out of it for 16 years.
If it was going to break I'm pretty sure it would have happened by now.

pretty sure you have a Harborcraft that was stickered as a Kingfisher which would also explain why it’s held up this long. I have a good friend of mine that has one and the welds are great.

Aluminum boats seem like there is far more opportunities to find ways to cut costs (labour) while scaling up to mass produce.

i don’t no how you do that with glass boats seem like most of it has to be manual labour, not to mention the drying time between layers ect ect ect

Aluminum boats seem like there is far more opportunities to find ways to cut costs (labour) while scaling up to mass produce.

i don’t no how you do that with glass boats seem like most of it has to be manual labour, not to mention the drying time between layers ect ect ect
That is how they came up with the chopper gun system, saving time but creating vastly inferior product.

Yeah that article seems to quote an anonymous employee. My buddy owns a campion and called they said moving not closing.

Glad to more boats are being built in BC. Always see Kingfisher for sale in WA. My brother loves his kingfisher and it has had no problems.

Happy to go tuna fishing in anyone's big kingfisher, guaranteed it will have a better ride offshore than mine but I love going offshore in mine too! I'm there to fish not to roll over swells in a beautiful racing sailboat.

Back