Vernon's KingFisher Boats expands boat manufacturing plant

next time I’m on my buddies 2825 I’ll take some pics of the welds. That’s what they get for $18 an hour
Yes, I looked at lots of them, welds are sketchy has f….. when you compare to the custom weld outfits like northwest and jaxoncraft, if I had the cash and was looking for a welded aluminum boat I would stay away from kingfisher, now that is just my opinion, never been on the water on one, been on both northwest and jaxon and I was amaze at how they perform on the water, they are heavier then they look

Hey don't dis the Kingfisher.
I love mine. Spend 50 days a year on it.
Been to Rupert and back many times. There are better riding boats but you can't beat the live aboard comfort for a 30.
Diesel heat, stove, hot water, head, shower, fridge, big bunk.
13 gallons an hour at 30 mph.
We take my buddies tuna fishing out of Westport every year. 100 miles out 3 years ago. There are better boats for sure but for a lot more money. I'll take the crappy welds and the great mileage any day.

Been to Rupert and back many times. There are better riding boats but you can't beat the live aboard comfort for a 30.
We take my buddies tuna fishing out of Westport every year. 100 miles out 3 years ago. There are better boats for sure but for a lot more money. I'll take the crappy welds and the great mileage any day.
You realize that the only thing holding your boat together is those “crappy welds”?

And they still sell, brand-new and resale. It’s like that old Yogi Berra expression, “that place is too busy, nobody goes there anymore “

Have there ever been any documented failures of a modern Kingfisher boat? It seems as though they are really gaining momentum and I believe they are the top selling aluminum boat internationally.

next time I’m on my buddies 2825 I’ll take some pics of the welds. That’s what they get for $18 an hour
Lotta guys who came through the stainless shop and couldn’t cut the mustard ended up working over there.

Last edited:
Have there ever been any documented failures of a modern Kingfisher boat? It seems as though they are really gaining momentum and I believe they are the top selling aluminum boat internationally.
Haven’t heard of any failures. But they are just such a shallow hull that it doesn’t ride the best. I’m more comfortable on my 18’er in small chop

We take my buddies tuna fishing out of Westport every year. 100 miles out 3 years ago. There are better boats for sure but for a lot more money. I'll take the crappy welds and the great mileage any day.. always try to see the good side of things, before I put my opinion on this forum lol, what is always in the back of my mind when it comes to welded aluminum is it only take one crappy weld to sink your 100-200k boat, this is why I always scope all the welding, I remember one of the member on this forum lost his new boat over a cracked weld

A few years back my lower mainland red sealed nephew was looking for a life style change for this family so he excepted a job at the Vernon Kingfisher plant and determined very quickly it wasn't for him. Wages was a big issue for one so he up and moved to Alberta.

A few years back my lower mainland red sealed nephew was looking for a life style change for this family so he excepted a job at the Vernon Kingfisher plant and determined very quickly it wasn't for him. Wages was a big issue for one so he up and moved to Alberta.
Ya well that is scary to me, getting an apprentice welding your expensive boat,but then again all big outfits the only thing that matters to them is bottom line profit. To those who own KF boats all the best to you

Haven’t heard of any failures. But they are just such a shallow hull that it doesn’t ride the best. I’m more comfortable on my 18’er in small chop
Follow us out Tuna fishing one day we will see how you do.
We fish regularly from Solander up to Scott channel.
Not a lot of 18's in that water.
Very low to water, low center of gravity, very little pitch and roll.
Not a bad ride at all.

Back