Kingfisher 2525

My opinion on the kingfisher weekenders. I was looking everywhere for info and only found negative reviews so I thought this may help others in this market for overpriced aluminum boats…I was looking for a towable 25’ aluminum Cruzer/fishing boat to stay on and fish. Weldcraft cuddy king 240, north river offshore 25, Duckworth, northwest, Lifetimer etc. I did not have Kingfisher weekend on my radar because of things I read on here about the rough ride, loud cab and low gunwales. With Covid pricing and my budget maxing out at $130 K the only thing that was available would be the Kingfisher weekender 2525. Anyways, long story long I purchased a 2525 weekender and I love it!! The boat is very comfortable if you are planning on camping I should say extremely comfortable. I spent a week with my beautiful wife and two girls in Rupert bouncing on swell/wind waves going all different directions across Chatham sound and a week in the Tofino slop and the 2525 is definitely loud and pounds a bit but I always felt safe. It is hard to see while trolling due to stand up head in the way but that’s something you can get used to. The other thing people said was that the gunwales were too low in the cockpit and they are but not uncomfortably too low imo. It is nice to be able to bend over and touch the water. The padding is really nice when you’re pulling up traps, gaffing fish, netting, fighting and releasing fish although I already have a small tear in mine from a prawn trap. This boat checked all the boxes for me and gets me out off shore comfortably enough. Unless you are a guide or going for tuna all the time this is a great boat. I love love love it and so does my wife (another box checked lol). Although my hewescraft sea runner 220 was a smoother ride (believe it or not) this thing is a machine and catches fish. I hope this helps someone trying to get into to an aluminum cabin cruiser.

Ive had my 2825 for 15 years and love my boat as well. Very comfortable live on boat. My wife and I spend most of the summer cruising and fishing between Hardy and Rupert. Never had a problem. There does seem to be a lot of Kingfisher haters on here. Pay no attention. Enjoy your boat.

Ive had my 2825 for 15 years and love my boat as well. Very comfortable live on boat. My wife and I spend most of the summer cruising and fishing between Hardy and Rupert. Never had a problem. There does seem to be a lot of Kingfisher haters on here.
Thank you Samnjoe. You may very well be the source of my inspiration then lol. In mid July 2019 I was fishing with the boys and we walked passed a couple in a KF weekender relaxing in law chairs reading books on the dock in Shearwater. Right away I was like that’s my wife and I when the kids are gone and I’ve sorted work out to run on it’s own….. Congrats, super envious, that’s our dream

Thank you Samnjoe. You may very well be the source of my inspiration then lol. In mid July 2019 I was fishing with the boys and we walked passed a couple in a KF weekender relaxing in law chairs reading books on the dock in Shearwater. Right away I was like that’s my wife and I when the kids are gone and I’ve sorted work out to run on it’s own….. Congrats, super envious, that’s our dream
Congrats - looks like you’ve earned yourself quite a nice looking crew based on your picture!

I’m envious - I look forward to my next KF boat.

Hey RJ, toss up some pics please. Let’s check her out!

That boat was under your budget of $130k? When did you buy it?
April 2022. But it wasn’t that simple. I traded in my 2014 hewescraft 220 ht sea runner and more than double my $$. I also saved the tax on almost $100k with the trade in. So I did very well on my new boat. Sticker was $149k but that’s not what I paid…..

Rockin J, do you have any other rod holders besides boom mounted downrigger holders? Friend has the same boat and needs to address this.

Rockin J, do you have any other rod holders besides boom mounted downrigger holders? Friend has the same boat and needs to address this.
my neighbour installed flush mounted bases for scotty strikers that sit in front of the riggers on his 2725. works well.

I only have the dual Scotty rigger mounted rod holders right now and they work well for trolling and even work well when waiting on halibut. I do want to mount others for when we are buck tailing in the winter without riggers but I’m undecided on where to mount them at this point.

I only have the dual Scotty rigger mounted rod holders right now and they work well for trolling and even work well when waiting on halibut. I do want to mount others for when we are buck tailing in the winter without riggers but I’m undecided on where to mount them at this point.
Can you do vertical along the stern gunnel? Surface or recess/flush? This puts the lines in the prop wash and keeps upward tension on your barbless hooks after a hit.

Back