Vernon's KingFisher Boats expands boat manufacturing plant

Yeah that article seems to quote an anonymous employee. My buddy owns a campion and called they said moving not closing.

Glad to more boats are being built in BC. Always see Kingfisher for sale in WA. My brother loves his kingfisher and it has had no problems.

Happy to go tuna fishing in anyone's big kingfisher, guaranteed it will have a better ride offshore than mine but I love going offshore in mine too! I'm there to fish not to roll over swells in a beautiful racing sailboat.
yes, it is an older article, however the reference to "supply chain and labour market issues" is certainly not a stretch. I wonder if the dealers with Campion inventory asked them to stfu regarding closing the operation.

Anybody remember when Malibu boats were made in Penticton? They said the same thing. We’re moving not closing and before you know it they had shut down and closed up shop.

Anybody remember when Malibu boats were made in Penticton? They said the same thing. We’re moving not closing and before you know it they had shut down and closed up shop.
Any supplier that hears a place is closing down tend to freak out and do whatever they can depending on their agreement.

Global had the story on the news tonight, my wife called me to show me the welds.TheView attachment 79028

The story says the increase in production capacity is so they can focus on the production of offshore fishing boats, as the demand there is very strong. Adding 25 new staff members. Here is the news story video @Sttr is referring to:

samnjoe pretty sure you have a Harborcraft that was stickered as a Kingfisher which would also explain why it’s held up this long. I have a good friend of mine that has one and the welds are great.
Same as mine 1825 stickered as a KF, if your were the original owner apparently when the name change went in you could get replacement decals, (bought mine from the original owner), if you weren’t original owners you could buy them, no weld issues with mine yet and I’ll probably still double my money if I decide to sell….works well for the type of fishing I do….like every other boat owner a couple more feet x2 would be nice , last I heard there was a 2-3 year wait list , must be doing something right

Last edited:
get what you pay for good welders want to be paid what they’re worth. It’s a skill, you can only be taught so much need to have talent as well to consistently do nice work. High production environment too with management staff likely pushing to get product out the door and capitalize when the customers are lined up, that doesn’t usually help the quality level out..

i have no problems with the welds on mine. as long as it bonds both sides of the metal its a good weld even if its not ground flat.

now the pretty looking katanacraft/riverhawk boats which had perfect welds ended up sinking at the dock are a different story.

fire the paint/prep guy !! should last longer than 3 years :rolleyes:...lol
my neighbours 2018 KF in year one of owning, all the paint is bubbling and rusting where any metal meets aluminum; bow rails, thru hulls, transom door etc . for quarter million bucks you would think you would get better quality than that.
wiring was a mess too. from factory he had to replace a ton of wiring. switches not working etc.

starboard motor was visibly crooked.

my neighbours 2018 KF in year one of owning, all the paint is bubbling and rusting where any metal meets aluminum; bow rails, thru hulls, transom door etc . for quarter million bucks you would think you would get better quality than that.
wiring was a mess too. from factory he had to replace a ton of wiring. switches not working etc.

starboard motor was visibly crooked.
Did he try to deal with Kingfisher warranty? Just wondering if he had the same experience as me.

Did he try to deal with Kingfisher warranty? Just wondering if he had the same experience as me.
. he fixed all the wiring and crooked motor himself along with a myriad of other little issues. he was fed up with dealing with KF

I run with a group of three other 3025's all around 4 years old. No weld issues on any of them. Paint is always a problem though on aluminum boats where stainless is fastened to or thru. Galvanic isolation of dissimilar metals is almost impossible to achieve. That's what causes the paint to bubble. Big problem with Kingfishers for sure mine included.

Back