Vancouver Saltchuck?

well good luck to you guys, looks like im going to miss out on big whites action at the mouth seeing as blew reverse gear and a few other expensive parts [V] cheers viewitall

Sorry to hear about your boat viewitall. I did $10k damage to my leg at the beginning of August last year and missed a month of prime fishing!

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I might have the best success tomorrow?
I've been working the cap without much success lately. I've seen the guides take a few near the mouth but I was kicked out of that area by the harbour patrol, even though there were 6 other boats in the same area.
Any suggestions?

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

T-10 down to Sandheads, its really hit and miss.
Thanks Brisco, sounds like hit & miss everywhere right now. I have been conserving fuel and staying at the cap lately waiting for the "arrival". We'll see where the wind and waves carry me tomorrow....

I started at the cap for an hour then went and tried near the red bell, working my way out to the QA.
That's where I got my hit! I thought it was a seal at first and I don't even know how long I played it but when I finally saw this thing close to the boat I was wishing I had a net with me. Thank god for the gaff hook and the 45lb spring. :D:D
Sept142009011-1.jpg

Good work! :D

HOLY CRAP ! That thing is huge! Congrats and you deserve it because you're always out there. I will be fishing that spot a.s.a.p.:D

LMAO...What he has started?! Yeah..there are few big ones like that swimming around here at this time of year.

I call 100+ boats fishing that area Saturday morning moving to 200+ by noon. ;)

quote:Originally posted by kelly

Monkey balls thats a pig. It takes stones to gaff that!
Well I wasn't kidding when I posted a couple of weeks ago that I broke the handle on my net a week ago and lost his little brother.

quote:Boats ready on the trailer were catching the 7:30 ferry. How deep what on? We will be in blue/white malibu
Anchovies are the candy, 52ft in 90ft of water.

The marks on the tail are from the cooler lid. My cooler is 36" and I thought that was big enough when I bought it.

Sept142009012.jpg

I don't know if I'll be out tomorrow but I should be out there a fair amount over the next little while.

What a Gorgeous Fish!! Smoker!! I've ordered the parts, there going to take a week to get here, so hopefully I'll be back in the water by next weekend or early the following week.You seem to do really well in that area,I always fish the lightship, but this year I feel there all hanging out up there and shooting up the north arm. Just my thought's.That fish is a HOG! Nice work!

Cheer's Viewitall:D

Excellent fish Salmon Smoker!!! very nice fish ! While I haven't been out for two weeks I am getting day to day reports and that fish is the biggest I have heard so far. Very nice bright fish too. Lots to smoke there!
Re smoked fish : I do my own hot smoked but for indian candy and lox I send elsewhere...Just to give a plug here, I had Yoshi's in North Van do some white lox for me ...it is absolutely amazing . I have had them (and St. Jeans on the Island ) do soc, coho and chinook(red)lox before but tried the white this time ...WOW it is the best I have ever had ....it is just fantastic. The Chardonay and white lox is killing me tonight !!

Back