Vancouver Saltchuck?

quote:Originally posted by Peahead

Salmon Smoker, Just sent you a PM
I haven't received your pm.
I have a Bradley smoker and smoke my own salmon.
May2009fishing012.jpg

I didn't get out today...sometimes I actually work :( I will be out from 10 til 4 tomorrow though. I'll be taking someone who's never caught a salmon so I hope I can be lucky again.

Rough day on the water today. I had to come to shore early 'cause the guy I took out was messin' up the side of my boat...[xx(]..rookies...
He was happy reeling in one just undersize and says he'd like to go on a day when it's calm.

Well, I'll get to the Canucks game early.

Anyone going out tomorrow ? Falling tide so Cap no good, I might try Q.A. area. Water should be o.k.

Nice hit salmon smoker.

That is the biggest fish I have ever seen caught here in local waters. I used to work on the coast by Bella Bella / Bella Coola in a camp called Namu and I have seen many large fish.
We had an 80 pound chinook once and a 550 pound halibut. One guy caught a 250 pound halibut right off the dock where we used to dump the fish heads from the plant.

Anyway that is a great catch. You have inspired alot of people not to give up trying with that pic. That is the same area where I picked up his little brother too.

OceanRanger

I fished Q.A. along with a couple of others. No fish. I still believe there is a wave coming for the Cap nextt week and if the rain holds off we might have a chance.

I was out today (sunday) as well. Fished off the bell buoy, point grey area from 8 ish to 1:00, nothing, not a sniff, no runs, no hits, no errors. Pretty quiet for me. Didn't see a lot happening either.

quote:Originally posted by daddystoy

I was out today (sunday) as well. Fished off the bell buoy, point grey area from 8 ish to 1:00, nothing, not a sniff, no runs, no hits, no errors. Pretty quiet for me. Didn't see a lot happening either.
Yes I know, that was me in the Striper at the ramp. Glad to see you are honest. L.O.L ;)

Looking to grab a map of the Vancouver harbour and out to Fraser. Is there a digital link out there? Not looking to nautical maps to navigate, just something to identify:

T-10
QA
Red Buoy
Sandheads
etc.

Thanks

Boston Whaler, 2 to 3 charts will cover quite a large area that you are looking for. 20 dollars per chart. Cheap investment for safety.

Charlie,

Thanks for the map information - all downloaded. Much appreciate the insights and information. I will pick up a paper map as well.

quote:Originally posted by BostonWhaler

Charlie,

Thanks for the map information - all downloaded. Much appreciate the insights and information. I will pick up a paper map as well.
YW, If you want those in PDF, PM me.

Heard of another Halibut caught on the West Van shoreline yesterday. This one weighed in at 18 pounds .... time to change fishing tactics !

quote:Originally posted by BigHog

Heard of another Halibut caught on the West Van shoreline yesterday. This one weighed in at 18 pounds .... time to change fishing tactics !

If the stories are true why not release them and let the stock build?

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

If the stories are true why not release them and let the stock build?

The stories ARE true, and I agree with you on the release. I'd love to put some halibut on the bbq, but I can wait if it means a rebuilding of a fish we haven't seen here in many years

Ok, Time to change tactics ....?
ok I'll anchor off the cap in the middle of 100 boats trolling, put out 70' of line to my scotchman, drop my spreader bar....and harpoon the first boat that gets upset with me [:0] ;);):D kidding BigHog .....but don't come near me ;)

[
ok I'll anchor off the cap in the middle of 100 boats trolling, put out 70' of line to my scotchman, drop my spreader bar....and harpoon the first boat that gets upset with me [:0] ;);):D kidding BigHog .....but don't come near me ;)

I believe you wrote that as a joke but someone actually did anchor there today! When I left ( at 5pm) I went over to the guy and asked him if people were yelling and throwing rocks at him for anchoring in the middle of a lot of boats that were trolling.
All he caught was a mudshark.

Yeah just ribbing BigHog for the sport of it :)

You won't see me anchored out there .....unless maybe we all got together and agreed that one day a week at the Cap was " anchor only day" !! [:0]

quote:Originally posted by Salmon Smoker

[

I believe you wrote that as a joke but someone actually did anchor there today! When I left ( at 5pm) I went over to the guy and asked him if people were yelling and throwing rocks at him for anchoring in the middle of a lot of boats that were trolling.
All he caught was a mudshark.

That is hilarious!!! All he caught was a mudshark!

Getbent

Hey that's a good idea Peahead! Anchor only day with no cover charge but a one drink minimum ! Spread the word.

Back