TRIP UPDATE! Looking For Suggestions For a Weekend Getaway in Victoria

Rain City

Crew Member
Hey folks,

Planning on being a tourist Downtown for a weekend in April. Looking for recommendations on where to stay, what to do, things to see. Haven't been since I was a kid. I'll be with the wife and a 3 year old.

Appreciate your input!

Hey RC, From Nanaimo and done that a bunch of times with the family. I would recommend staying close to the harbour so you can park the car and leave it for a day or two! Parkside, Laurel Point Inn, Marriott downtown are decent options (little more pricy but worth it). Check out the harbour, restaurants, Govt Street, Miniature World, walk the breakwater at Ogden Pt, Dallas Rd, etc. Enjoy!

I stay at the coast Victoria or the grande pacific when I’m down there for work . For longer stays our guys would stay at the Oswego. First two can have nice views of the harbour depending on your room.

Have a quick peak at the BC Ferry Vacation Get-a-Way packages that are of good value. Includes hotel accommodations, 3rd night free, reserved Ferry to and from. Many Island locations to choose from. As for Victoria all the go to sites are mentioned above but the highlight is the Royal Museum.

Have a quick peak at the BC Ferry Vacation Get-a-Way packages that are of good value. Includes hotel accommodations, 3rd night free, reserved Ferry to and from.

A friend has used one of these packages a few times paired up with staying at Oak Bay Beach Hotel.

If you don't mind driving in and out my favorite place to stay is Bear Mountain.

Sights: Royal BC Museum, Miniature world, Beacon Hill Park, Butchart Gardens, Sidney Aquarium, Craigdarroch Castle, Hatley park, Fisgard lighthouse/Fort Rod hill. Many more....

To Stay: my pick would be of three places in city core : Coast Victoria, Laurel Point, or Grand Pacific. ( all of them have complimentary shuttle vans downtown).

Restaurants: many to pick along downtown core. For kids spaghetti factory is good.

Butchart gardens If the weather is good, 3 year old on the Carousel is worth it. You just hold them, while they go around. Brentwood Bay in or Oak Bay Beach hotel for their heated outdoor pools for the win.

Hali trip with Wolf or No Bananas or see if one of us is going out. You can chip in for $3 gas
Highly recommend Butchart gardens. We have taken our 2 year old granddaughter there multiple times and she really enjoys it. Plants might be blooming by then. The carousel is fun and unique too.
The Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe is really nice and central. The mega yacht basin is right next door.
Lots of nice beaches if the weather is good. Cadboro, Willows.
Dont forget Red Fish Blue Fish for Fish and chips!

Highly recommend Butchart gardens. We have taken our 2 year old granddaughter there multiple times and she really enjoys it. Plants might be blooming by then. The carousel is fun and unique too.
The Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe is really nice and central. The mega yacht basin is right next door.
Lots of nice beaches if the weather is good. Cadboro, Willows.
Dont forget Red Fish Blue Fish for Fish and chips!
If the line up is too long, Tacofino and Finest At Sea are good alternatives but definitely try to do RFBF! Dinner at Il Terrazzo so worth it.

Little bit of a drive, but the kid would love the butterfly gardens.
And the bug zoo

And my favourite restaurant-been so many times over the years

Although I haven't been in a few years Agrius is/was another good restaurant. I think when it first opened it was ranked fairly well in the top 50 new restaurants in Canada.

Yes to il terrazzo, hard no to old spaggeti factory. Yes to miniature world for the kid also and Yes to the oakbay beach hotel

Back