Looking For Any Kind Of Bamfield Info!

Anywhere to rent a U drive boat in bamfield or alberni? Buddy’s have a trip planned 2nd week of august but one of there boats won’t be ready in time.

I’ll likely see you around. Got a month off coming up. I think my favourite inshore is Pill, Allen point in Vernon bay, the Swale side all the way to the outside. For a beach I anchor and paddle the kids into a spot in the stud lslets just north east of Diplock. Come in from the Tzartus side. 95CF2208-108D-4499-BE13-62E578A60734.pngD8F8E5F0-C742-4195-88F9-483A908FCF43.jpeg

Since I’m arriving in Bamfield this Friday as well I’m appreciating the contributions to this thread so far.
Thanks folks.

I was bored so I decided to create chaos and taunt everyone. I photoshopped the flybridge off @Thunder21's boat. Before I didn't think it would look good without it, but now I understand. Obviously, it's not perfect but it took 5 minutes so whatever.

Attachments

• commander 26 sedan.jpg
    commander 26 sedan.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 160
@Rain City should remove his flybridge and notch his transom so that we can see the ultimate frankenboat.
I'm not putting another bollar into this thing unless absolutely necessary. Considering what that other 30 is having trouble selling for it's clearly not a highly sought after mod.

I'm not putting another bollar into this thing unless absolutely necessary. Considering what that other 30 is having trouble selling for it's clearly not a highly sought after mod.
It’s a big boat that cost a lot of money to keep running , that’s why people shy away from them IMO, older twin I/o cost a lot to maintain, god I only own singles and my . bill every year was more then what I’ve spent in 5 years with my Honda. Friend of mine has a sea Ray with twin gasser and is loosing it lol, he just spent 12g to get those things running this year, many fold, risers, gimbals bearings, tune up and all associated

It’s a big boat that cost a lot of money to keep running , that’s why people shy away from them IMO, older twin I/o cost a lot to maintain, god I only own singles and my . bill every year was more then what I’ve spent in 5 years with my Honda. Friend of mine has a sea Ray with twin gasser and is loosing it lol, he just spent 12g to get those things running this year, many fold, risers, gimbals bearings, tune up and all associated

Yeah I can't do inboard anymore. I was in same boat last year. Nickel and dimed to death. Couldn't imagine twin inboards. Pain in butt.

This trip is damn-near upon me. Leaving Friday and I'm there for two weeks. Week one is all about fishing and week two is some exploring, foraging and beach time with the family. I'd really appreciate any help I can get. I'll be bringing some prawn and crab traps for dinners. My wife will definitely want to do some clam digging and oyster picking. Might spend a night or two on the hook. I don't know where a single spot is as of now. Rats nose? The wall? Lighthouse? No idea. I'm as green as green can be. I'll be there with just one buddy for the first week so there'd be room for a tag along if someone is looking to get out for a day and wants to trade info for a ride out. I don't have a hali anchor set-up but I could piece one together easy enough. I've never done it so I wasn't really wanting to try it for the first time out there unless I had some help. Figured I'd mostly troll/drift for Hali when I can. I only have the double rod holder bases for my riggers so not the best rod holder set-up either, maybe I'll add a couple on the rails. Anyways, thanks in advance to anyone that can point me in the right direction.
On the exploring side of things, there's a sea lion rookery on the outer part of the Broken Group between Wouwer and Batley - great fun for kids. We anchored on the inside of Wouwer [the calm side!], and found we could sneak thru the rocks to the rookery -- just like the transient orcas did later that same night about 11 PM -- shortly before major consternation and carnage at the rookery.

On the exploring side of things, there's a sea lion rookery on the outer part of the Broken Group between Wouwer and Batley - great fun for kids. We anchored on the inside of Wouwer [the calm side!], and found we could sneak thru the rocks to the rookery -- just like the transient orcas did later that same night about 11 PM -- shortly before major consternation and carnage at the rookery.
That's awesome! Thanks

Rats nose is certainly the most popular offshore spot as far as I know. There's also 5 mile and 10 mile banks if you don't want to go all the way to the nose. I had good chinook and coho fishing at those spots last year. Not hard to find on the chart. Look for the shallow banks on the path to the rats nose at well, you probably guessed it... 5 and 10 miles offshore roughly.

Or he can pay me 5 dollars, I’ll photoshop it all for him, so he can make it his profile pic and people will think he has it podded. That’ll get everyone off his back lol

Rats nose is certainly the most popular offshore spot as far as I know. There's also 5 mile and 10 mile banks if you don't want to go all the way to the nose. I had good chinook and coho fishing at those spots last year. Not hard to find on the chart. Look for the shallow banks on the path to the rats nose at well, you probably guessed it... 5 and 10 miles offshore roughly.
Yes and all those banks on the way to rats nose can be deadly for salmon and Hali, I’ve had epic days there without a boat in site. This pic is a few hrs of fishing off one of those banks

Attachments

• DD8D9EA1-C89C-4ADC-883F-312F9D724736.png
    DD8D9EA1-C89C-4ADC-883F-312F9D724736.png
    483.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back