Transportation from Port Hardy to Rivers Inlet

Dave Poch

I am planning a trip with friends to Rivers Inlet. Accommodations are taken care of. July 29- aug 1 of 2022. One of my friends is not vaccinated and cannot get on a plane. We are looking for someone to get him there and take him back. Preferably a boat taxi from Port Hardy. Money is not an issue. Who ever can help will be paid handsomely. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I am planning a trip with friends to Rivers Inlet. Accommodations are taken care of. July 29- aug 1 of 2022. One of my friends is not vaccinated and cannot get on a plane. We are looking for someone to get him there and take him back. Preferably a boat taxi from Port Hardy. Money is not an issue. Who ever can help will be paid handsomely. Any suggestions would be helpful.
He has 8 months to get vaccinated, problem solved

Wonder if you could hire a private charter plane & provide a recent negative test. Not sure on the flight rules. That’s a tough situation. If you’re hoping on a boat, give yourself a few days window on either side should weather roll in and prevent travel. And hopefully you have accommodations set for earlier & longer than expected.

Wonder if you could hire a private charter plane & provide a recent negative test. Not sure on the flight rules. That’s a tough situation. If you’re hoping on a boat, give yourself a few days window on either side should weather roll in and prevent travel. And hopefully you have accommodations set for earlier & longer than expected.
Our private work charters are not exempt. It covered all transport canada regulated flights, something like that.

8 months of not being able to do things, may change lots Of people’s convictions. If not post on local post hardy north island groups on fb and the vancouver island salmon fishing group but be prepared for a rough ride.

I could be convinced to make a fishing trip out of it if the stars align for me and 1-2 buddies. I’ll go in good weather only. I have a 25.5 foot boat so room for lawn chair in the cockpit but regardless that stretch of water is not one I’m willing to be stuck with being pressured to go on someone less timeline. I cancelled a trip a couple of years ago to rivers due to 30kn winds and haven’t seriously thought of going again.

Best bet is local guy.

8 months of not being able to do things, may change lots Of people’s convictions. If not post on local post hardy north island groups on fb and the vancouver island salmon fishing group but be prepared for a rough ride.

I could be convinced to make a fishing trip out of it if the stars align for me and 1-2 buddies. I’ll go in good weather only. I have a 25.5 foot boat so room for lawn chair in the cockpit but regardless that stretch of water is not one I’m willing to be stuck with being pressured to go on someone less timeline. I cancelled a trip a couple of years ago to rivers due to 30kn winds and haven’t seriously thought of going again.

Best bet is local guy.
Fair enough. You are right, the stars do need to align. It can be an expensive gamble for my friend. I’m sure there is a solution. Just not sure what that is yet. I know he’s willing to pay a couple thousand to get there and back for those dates. Probably more if it’s guaranteed.

Your best bet like someone mentioned is to find someone in Hardy willing to take him across ? It sounds expensive to say the least. If the taxi guy isn't fishing or such is he to hang around for days waiting for your buddy $$$$ or is he heading back to Hardy after the drop off $$ then back to Dawson to bring him back $$$$. Too bad as that Gruman Goose fly's from Dawson's for about $250 one way i think ?? But with all that said i,m sure there is someone willing to make some good cash ? Good luck..

Your best bet like someone mentioned is to find someone in Hardy willing to take him across ? It sounds expensive to say the least. If the taxi guy isn't fishing or such is he to hang around for days waiting for your buddy $$$$ or is he heading back to Hardy after the drop off $$ then back to Dawson to bring him back $$$$. Too bad as that Gruman Goose fly's from Dawson's for about $250 one way i think ?? But with all that said i,m sure there is someone willing to make some good cash ? Good luck..
Or charter his own plane

Ive done it on a decent day, left Hardy, at Cape Caution in under 90 mins, fished there few hrs, then up to Cranston Point fished there for a few hrs, then back to Hardy, I think Duncanby or Dawsons less than 10 miles from Cranston. Its a run but not crazy long. I would think water taxi drops them and returns to Hardy then picks them up a few days later.

Fair enough. You are right, the stars do need to align. It can be an expensive gamble for my friend. I’m sure there is a solution. Just not sure what that is yet. I know he’s willing to pay a couple thousand to get there and back for those dates. Probably more if it’s guaranteed.
A 30 foot boat with duals is more of a sure bet but that is the heart of fishing/boating season so tough to find. Happy to chat with him and rough out a plan, if he doesn’t find the sure thing.

Back