Need Locals Advice: Richmond to Rivers Inlet

If you travel on the east side of texada (Malaspina Strait), you get a much smoother ride through that area

Wanted to thank everyone for the overly helpful advice when it came to navigating this journey. The weather played nice and we were able to do the full run in one day on the way up. Flat water from Richmond to McNeil, though the 6pm crossing of the QCS got friggin' nasty!!
The way home was rougher, with Johnstone giving us a good bumping. Campbell to Van was somewhat lumpy as well. But all and all I rarely saw below 24 mph the whole trip, with about 75% at about 30mph. It was awesome!
As for the fishing, the mass of giants seemed to be late to the inlet. There was no big fish for my boat, but a buddy managed a 53 lb in the first day. We decided to mix up the fishing and get away from the main big fish spots. We did a ton of exploring/fishing and ended up logging over 1000 miles and approx 40 hours on the main engine. Didn't touch land for 10 days, it was great!
Would I do it again? Already thinking about the the next trip! lol.
So again, big thanks to those that were so helpful, both publicly and through PM. Even bigger thanks to MikeP for offering to buddy boat this trip. His experience proved very helpful in the rough stuff past Hardy, charging the lead and keeping me posted of the upcoming calmer waters. Without those updates, I would have bailed out and waited until morning. Thanks Mike! I hope Millbank rewarded you for your efforts :)

-FB-

Nice seeing you mooching up at the head for the couple days...things didn't get much better there......there was some rain in the forcast when I was flying out..should help... :)

Back