Thread of the Year

Is someone able to flag cracked_ribs' dinghy build thread? I have searched for it but haven't been able to find it. Thanks in advance!

Is someone able to flag cracked_ribs' dinghy build thread? I have searched for it but haven't been able to find it. Thanks in advance!
It’s the second one down on the first page in “boats,motors,etc”

Best of blackjack video year in review, sharphooks’ annual steelhead adventures and the “want to get better at fishing” thread by stizzla get my vote.

Secretly I miss some of the old threads with super entertaining drunken rants and/or arguments by the likes of Holmes, Lorne Parker, Sculpin and Fish Assassin.

Cheers!

Ukee

Secretly I miss some of the old threads with super entertaining drunken rants and/or arguments by the likes of Holmes, Lorne Parker, Sculpin and Fish Assassin.
Oh the good old days. Lol.

I'm sincerely hoping this doesn't come across wrong, but I wish to remove myself from this poll, for a couple of reasons.

1...My major contribution is my annual thread and it's basically a One-note Charlie thing and shouldn't be compared to some of the really great efforts put forth here by others. Actual adventures by Sharphooks, Ironnoggin and a number of others should be the ones considered in this thing, not my annual repetitive relating of my ongoing failure in the Tyee Pool. Ask my long-suffering rod-holders.

2...I get a lot of love, advice and sympathy during the two months of Tyee season and any more would be unearned and unwarranted.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your kind comments and the putting forth of my little efforts as a contender for this, however, but I honestly don't feel my easy-as-pie right in my yard efforts compare to many of you other peeps and your contributions.

Now get off my lawn and leave me alone. :D

And I'm wishing all of you a very great New Years and new year ahead.

Take care.

Ah gee Dave... I truly relish your unrelenting efforts to finally snag a Tyee in the notorious Tyee Pool, getting beat out over and over again, by eight-year-olds and even women. I know how painful it must be for you. But it is your optimism that keeps bringing me back to your blog here and surely that is worth your daily efforts. We do read you and hear you. I hope they don't take you out of the running, even though you ask for it. You are like the Charlie Brown of the Tyee Pool and loved for it.

The three standouts for me were:
1) Sharphooks - Trip north
2) DaveH - Tyee Pool
3) Derby - Tuna adventure

The poll has closed and the final vote count is in! Congratulations to the winner of the 2018 Thread of the Year Award... @Sharphooks for North Coast Expedition! It was a tight race with @cracked_ribs coming in second by a mere 2 votes with his Half a Dinghy thread and @IronNoggin rounding out our top three with the Kechika River Adventure thread. Also want to thank @Rain City and @Derby for their fine contributions to this years top 5!
Of course, I want to thank Pacific Net and Twine and Scotty for providing the prizes for this year's awards.

PNT Logo.png scotty logo.jpg

The poll has closed and the final vote count is in! Congratulations to the winner of the 2018 Thread of the Year Award... @Sharphooks for North Coast Expedition! It was a tight race with @cracked_ribs coming in second by a mere 2 votes with his Half a Dinghy thread and @IronNoggin rounding out our top three with the Kechika River Adventure thread. Also want to thank @Rain City and @Derby for their fine contributions to this years top 5!
Of course, I want to thank Pacific Net and Twine and Scotty for providing the prizes for this year's awards.

Also want to thank Admin for putting this together. With all uncertainty around the future of Rec Fishing, it was a great break from the lunacy to read a compilation of inspirational threads.

I just wanted to say that for me it was really gratifying to learn how many people had enjoyed my build thread.

Of course it's cool to place well in any kind of race but the big thing for me was just seeing that people liked the stuff I did. I genuinely did not expect to be recognized in any way at all, let alone in such a conspicuous way.

There's so many great threads on here, and the other nominees were so good that I am really happy that I got included at all.

So thanks for the support for all the great threads here and I am glad that we made it a good race right down to the wire! Congratulations to everyone who participated and especially to Sharphooks for his gripping account of the North Coast expedition!

Cheers everyone and here's to a great 2019 with more great threads.

Back