Thread of the Year

How about the thread on the guy who outed the people for the massive amount of crabs they had caught. Females, undersize, everything.
I think it was Andrew H, wasn't it?
I loved that one until it fizzled into the reality that none of the news stations cared and there were probably no charges laid. Not a knock on the post but more the outcome. I'd rather forget it.

I have to go with Nog's The Mentor thread.

I'm sincerely hoping this doesn't come across wrong, but I wish to remove myself from this poll, for a couple of reasons.

1...My major contribution is my annual thread and it's basically a One-note Charlie thing and shouldn't be compared to some of the really great efforts put forth here by others. Actual adventures by Sharphooks, Ironnoggin and a number of others should be the ones considered in this thing, not my annual repetitive relating of my ongoing failure in the Tyee Pool. Ask my long-suffering rod-holders.

2...I get a lot of love, advice and sympathy during the two months of Tyee season and any more would be unearned and unwarranted.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your kind comments and the putting forth of my little efforts as a contender for this, however, but I honestly don't feel my easy-as-pie right in my yard efforts compare to many of you other peeps and your contributions.

Now get off my lawn and leave me alone. :D

And I'm wishing all of you a very great New Years and new year ahead.

Take care.

I'm sincerely hoping this doesn't come across wrong, but I wish to remove myself from this poll, for a couple of reasons.

1...My major contribution is my annual thread and it's basically a One-note Charlie thing and shouldn't be compared to some of the really great efforts put forth here by others. Actual adventures by Sharphooks, Ironnoggin and a number of others should be the ones considered in this thing, not my annual repetitive relating of my ongoing failure in the Tyee Pool. Ask my long-suffering rod-holders.

2...I get a lot of love, advice and sympathy during the two months of Tyee season and any more would be unearned and unwarranted.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your kind comments and the putting forth of my little efforts as a contender for this, however, but I honestly don't feel my easy-as-pie right in my yard efforts compare to many of you other peeps and your contributions.

Now get off my lawn and leave me alone. :D

And I'm wishing all of you a very great New Years and new year ahead.

Take care.
Haha
Dave, it’s not failure... it’s the exciting journey to your next tyee! My personal journey has been difficult, and it’s the people here offering me suggestions, tips, likes and even some beauty lures that will make the next one possible, and that much sweeter!
Also, your humbleness is just making us want to vote for you even more!
You’re an artist with the keyboard, and we thank you for your contribution to this forum!

Looking forward to next year :)

Stizzla

Last edited:
Best written would have to be the guy and his dog in an Arima, travelling up to Haida Gwai,can't remember the thread name.Maybe that was last year though.

That’s Sharphooks. One of the best adventure writers here but I do think that was last year.

My vote goes for IronNoggin’s hunting adventure thread.

Dave with the Tyee pool
Cracked ribs Dingy
Don't sell yourself short Dave, There are a lot of people on here that really enjoy your Tyee pool adventures, Me being one of them. Fishing the Tyee pool is just as much an adventure to some as hunting the Yukon.

It’s cool to see all these older threads that are being mentioned for thread of the year being brought up to the top of the feed. Seems like lots of people missed out on some of the great threads this year and now are getting a chance to read through them. Maybe I spend too much time on here because none of them slip by me haha.

Back