The scam among us....

Interesting how this thread is like an ethics test. The divergence in responses are equally fascinating. Some see nothing wrong; just some people making money. Others see very unethical conduct or outright theft. I wonder what this says about the different views people have about fairness, and why such a difference? Drifting into the philosophical....

Interesting how this thread is like an ethics test. The divergence in responses are equally fascinating. Some see nothing wrong; just some people making money. Others see very unethical conduct or outright theft. I wonder what this says about the different views people have about fairness, and why such a difference? Drifting into the philosophical....

Not to derail but a bit like the Jian shitstorm thats going on. Lots of different moral stances, but mostly not looking good for the former golden boy...

boy were is the
the islander police when you need them???????????

- Grumpy guy sells reels, has sellers remorse later because he sold too cheap.

- wants to buy new reels but someone else(guide) buys the last 2 reels before he gets a chance.

- guide gets a discount because he knows the shop clerk and works in the industry

- grumpy guy buys the brand new reels from the guide at much lower price then retail

- Guide is also reselling the old reels he bought earlier, at a profit

- guide and shop clerk are later seen together

There's 2 guys here that are MIGHT be doing something shady, it's the shop clerk and the grumpy guy.

If the shop clerk sold the reels at a discount because he was going to get a kickback then he's being shady with his employers product. There's no proof of this and it seems a little odd that he would even bother to make what, $20-$40/reel? Could it be just a coincidence?

Grumpy guy is no better then the shady shop clerk, if he really believed that the shop clerk was doing something shady he should have walked away from the purchase. But it looks like a discount was too tempting and so he bought the reels and negatively impacted the owner of the shop who should have got full price for them.

What am I missing?

who pays retail anyway...
chickendance.gif

didn't realize being a "guide" is a perquisite to getting a good deal...anyway, where in my posts did it say "wholesale back door"

It's was a generalized statement;besides who doesn't like a deal!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back