SCAM ARTIST. - “GREEN”

pacemaker

@admin…. Yesterday I posted a “Want to buy” ad on here. This morning I got a PM from a guy who calls himself Green on this site. Green advises that there is a guy named “Saratoga” who has what I am looking for, and suggests that I send an email to him at jarviscon@yahoo.com. So I did, and quickly got a phone call from a Wisconsin U.S. phone #. Spoke to some guy who said he was in Texas….. Obviously a scam. Checked out “Green’s” profile on here. Seems he just joined this morning. Very obviously a scam. Beware of that poster and email address.

@admin…. Yesterday I posted a “Want to buy” ad on here. This morning I got a PM from a guy who calls himself Green on this site. Green advises that there is a guy named “Saratoga” who has what I am looking for, and suggests that I send an email to him at jarviscon@yahoo.com. So I did, and quickly got a phone call from a Wisconsin U.S. phone #. Spoke to some guy who said he was in Texas….. Obviously a scam. Checked out “Green’s” profile on here. Seems he just joined this morning. Very obviously a scam. Beware of that poster and email address.
Every wanted ad will get you the same crap from scammers. Every single time.

Ha! This guy Green sent me an email too about a reel.
Thanks for posting this up, remind us all to be careful out there.
Let's be careful out there.jpg

Every wanted ad will get you the same crap from scammers. Every single time.

Again, if memebers are experiencing scam artists contacting them via PM, they need to report it to us immediately, as we have no way of seeing the message as it is sent through the PM system. Here is a blurb I wrote last year about this time, regarding the same topic.

Everyday, there are a number of sign ups that are caught by the "spam catcher" program in the forum. However, it is not 100% fool proof and once in awhile one of them manages to sneak through. We review the new members regularly and remove the spam accounts, but sometimes, before we get to them, they will use the PM function to send messages similar to the ones you have posted here. The best thing to do is to send a PM to the Admin account to report it, as this will trigger an alert and we can remove the offending account immediately. The sooner we learn about it the quicker we can respond and keep them from contacting other members.

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited:
Again, if memebers are experiencing scam artists contacting them via PM, they need to report it to us immediately, as we have no way of seeing the message as it is sent through the PM system. Here is a blurb I wrote last year about this time, regarding the same topic.

Everyday, there are a number of sign ups that are caught by the "spam catcher" program in the forum. However, it is not 100% fool proof and once in awhile one of them manages to sneak through. We review the new members regularly and remove the spam accounts, but sometimes, before we get to them, they will use the PM function to send messages similar to the ones you have posted here. The best thing to do is to send a PM to the Admin account to report it, as this will trigger an alert and we can remove the offending account immediately. The sooner we learn about it the quicker we can respond and keep them from contacting other members.

Thanks,

Brian
@Admin.... Just got another one this morning from someone calling himself leob75033@gmail. Would strongly appear to be associated to the others. Some stuff seems to go on and on.....

@Admin.... Just got another one this morning from someone calling himself leob75033@gmail. Would strongly appear to be associated to the others. Some stuff seems to go on and on.....

I deleted this one early this morning, but you can see the challenge when they are obviously from another time zone and it is the middle of the night when they register. For every one of these people that mange to get by our spam catcher function there are hundreds that it blocks. It is a constant cat and mouse game that goes on, just like the phone scammers. 🤪

Back