Stupid to buy a boat right now?

stupid to buy a $100K fishing boat yes. There's going to be a lot of boats for sale as the pain continues....

But if you want to cruise and enjoy the water with your family, while maybe doing a bit fishing as well - buy what works well for both. So maybe a big metal tank that's only purpose is pounding offshore isn't a good idea.

stupid to buy a $100K fishing boat yes. There's going to be a lot of boats for sale as the pain continues....

But if you want to cruise and enjoy the water with your family, while maybe doing a bit fishing as well - buy what works well for both. So maybe a big metal tank that's only purpose is pounding offshore isn't a good idea.

Couldn’t agree more.

If you see a boat that screams “fishing”, I would be reluctant. If you see a boat that says “new to the country and wants to spend the weekend out on the water”, you will have a sort after boat.

That is where I am currently at, I have a smaller boat which does fine around Sooke. It is not a bad weather big wave boat so I watch the weather and pick my days, I catch fish and love being on the water. 15 knot winds is my cut off and if it gets stronger than that I head in or don't go out. I have been looking to upgrade to one of those said 100k aluminium boats that are set up for fishing. Without a doubt, the greatest factor in me not pulling the trigger is all of the restrictions and the outlook for the sportfishing industry going forward. Funny enough my wife says I should go for it and just buy it, my dad who is 82 years old (who fished his whole life) says forget it and that it is a waste of money, and I haven't even told him about the new proposed closure from Long Beach to Swiftsure. So in the meantime, I am sitting on the sidelines and waiting. Never say never but I think my wise old dad is correct, maybe I will blow the additional money on a hot rod. lol

Back