SOOKE REPORTS spring/summer 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I too should clarify. Belly shot no , shoulder shot not necessary. Lateral line just behine the pectoral fin and in line with where the gill plate ends.As long as it passes the spine on either side it holds very well.

Since when is the shotgun-hali season open, Deewar? That's a completely new fishing discipline! Are you sure DFO is ok with that?:D

quote:Originally posted by chris73

Since when is the shotgun-hali season open, Deewar? That's a completely new fishing discipline! Are you sure DFO is ok with that?:D

Its the way Alisha's gramps taught me up at Malcolm Island :D

Well boys, salmon fishing is in a sad state out there. Fished 8 hours salmon today and only had my pin pop once and it dident stick. Also tried for hali for a few hours only to land in dogfish heaven. Also got a large skate near 50 pounds.

-Steve

Seven hours one hit, lost at side of boat didn't see another net out, sure is slow. [xx(] [xx(] [xx(]

Enjoy the last 4 or 5 years of June fishing in Sooke boys, cause she is tanking fast!!! I can see a shut down coming sooner than later. June has been in the tank for about 10 years now with the exception of 09. That was just a blip on the radar screen. Sad but I can see the end coming.

It has changed alot over the past 25 years. Wow.

The bigest hit though that I have seen was in the Strait of Georgia. Who would have thought it would be happening out west.

Thanks alot RR. Now I'm really depressed.:(

Hey I'm going for it guys.............

1000 posts :D

( do I get a free t-shirt or something LOLOLOLOLO )

I'm going to bed now

HL

Congrats Highlights and keep up the great-posts here!

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

Yes they renamed Georgia Strait to the Salish Sea, the Salmonless Sea would have been more fitting.

ya except you have a good chance of getting a fish of Nanaimo - sooke not so much.

The thing is last year Canada paid Alaska to not commercial fish in the early part of their season- result we had awesome fishing in june.

As far as I know we did not pay Alaska to not fish this year, result fishing sucks.

http://www.fishingvancouverisland.org

Well that deal wassupposed to last if im wrong 10 yrs sooo who knows where they went.....

So as a report was out on monday a day after the derby and yep a real nice 28 lber off of obrien pt DAMN.....

Tuesday spent a day with a buddy up in renny so so. not on fire by any means.

Then wedsday was out slow....... got a nice one on only to have it taken by those nice cute fellows as my guest said earler by the end they hated seals. thanks to the guys in the yellow boat who lifted there gear for me when it raced under there boat.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Heard from a buddy who got into a few today and a chated with others saying a few fish have shown up today.... cross your fingers maybe something is starting to happen....

wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Here a pic of the salmon nice to finally get something as we all know its been a tough month....

SOOKEsalmon2010004.jpg

it can only get better we hope!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Wolf when I see ya at the dock next time if you could share a few pointers on how to take nicer pics I'd appreciate it.;)
Anyway the tub got blood on yesterday, quickie before work... cleaning fish before 7:30am nice!
Higher teens cop car spoon hard on the bottom.
cheers
IMG_5061.jpg

JUST FISHEN'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back